- 8 min ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 15 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- 18 hrs ago MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch: Video & Other Details
- Sports RCB’s Umesh Yadav concedes 40 plus runs again in IPL, twitter reacts
- Movies Mandana Karimi On Allegations Against Anurag Kashyap: Women Are Exploiting The Power We Fought For
- News Chinese tycoon who called Xi Jinping a 'clown' sentenced to 18 years in jail
- Technology Realme Narzo 20: The Good, The Bad, The X Factor
- Finance Why Banking Stocks Have Crashed? Should You Buy Now?
- Lifestyle Excited For Bigg Boss 14? Well, Gauahar Khan’s Powder Blue Gown From The Promo Will Excite You More!
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The top-selling list of scooters in India for the month of June 2019 is out. Honda Activa again seals the top-slot, ahead of the TVS Jupiter and the Suzuki Access 125. The Honda Activa is one of the most popular scooters in the country, bringing in volume sales every month for the Japanese brand in the market.
Apart from the scooter, brands have also released the sales report of the motorcycles in the Indian market — here are the top-selling motorcycles in India for the month of June 2019.
Coming back to the scooters, here is the sales performance of the top-10 best-selling scooters in the Indian market, for the month of June 2019:
|Rank||Model||June 2019||June 2018||Diff %|
|1||Honda Activa ||2,36,739 ||2,92,294 ||-19.01 |
|2||TVS Jupiter ||56,254 ||59,279 ||-5.10 |
|3||Suzuki Access ||49,366 ||38,338 ||28.77 |
|4||Honda Dio ||43,749 ||40,738 ||7.39 |
|5||TVS Ntorq ||21,738 ||17,203 ||26.36 |
|6||Yamaha Fascino ||15,519 ||17,216 ||-9.86 |
|7||Hero Destini ||11,292 ||- ||- |
|8||Yamaha Ray ||10,696 ||12,416 ||-13.85 |
|9||TVS Scooty Pep+ ||10,631 ||12,135 ||-12.39 |
|10||Honda Grazia ||10,388 ||21,432 ||-51.53 |
The Honda Activa range consists of the Activa 5G and the Activa 125 offerings. The Activa is one of the most popular scooters in the Indian market, and has been on sale for over 10 years now. In the month of June 2019, the Honda Activa clocked in 2,36,739 units of sales. However, this is a drop of 19 per cent from 2,92,294 units in June 2019.
In the second slot is the TVS Jupiter with 56,254 units in the month of June 2019. This alone shows the popularity of the Activa in the Indian market, which has a lead of almost 2 lakh units in monthly sales over the second best-selling scooter.
The third position is occupied by the Suzuki Access 125. The Access is the most popular scooter in India's premium 125cc segment bringin volume sales to Suzuki in India. In the month of June 2019, the Suzuki Access 125 clocked in 49,366 units; a 28 per cent growth from June 2018 when it sold 38,338 units.
The middle part of the list is occupied by the Honda Dio, TVS NTorq, Yamaha Fascino and Hero Destini. Each of these scooters clocked in 43,749 units, 21,738 units, 15,519 units and 11,292 units of sales, respectively in the previous month. The Hero Destini is the newest member in the list as the scooter was launched in the Indian market recently.
The top-10 best-selling scooter list is finished off by the Yamaha Ray, TVS Scooty Pep+ and the Honda Grazia; coming in at eighth, ninth and tenth in order.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019
The list of top-selling scooters in the Indian market has remainded unchanged over the past two months. However, there has been a number of reshuffling in the middle order. With new launches expected to take place in the coming months, it will be interesting to see how this table varies going forward.