- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The top-selling list of scooters in India for the month of June 2019 is out. Honda Activa again seals the top-slot, ahead of the TVS Jupiter and the Suzuki Access 125. The Honda Activa is one of the most popular scooters in the country, bringing in volume sales every month for the Japanese brand in the market.
Apart from the scooter, brands have also released the sales report of the motorcycles in the Indian market — here are the top-selling motorcycles in India for the month of June 2019.
Coming back to the scooters, here is the sales performance of the top-10 best-selling scooters in the Indian market, for the month of June 2019:
|Rank||Model||June 2019||June 2018||Diff %|
|1||Honda Activa ||2,36,739 ||2,92,294 ||-19.01 |
|2||TVS Jupiter ||56,254 ||59,279 ||-5.10 |
|3||Suzuki Access ||49,366 ||38,338 ||28.77 |
|4||Honda Dio ||43,749 ||40,738 ||7.39 |
|5||TVS Ntorq ||21,738 ||17,203 ||26.36 |
|6||Yamaha Fascino ||15,519 ||17,216 ||-9.86 |
|7||Hero Destini ||11,292 ||- ||- |
|8||Yamaha Ray ||10,696 ||12,416 ||-13.85 |
|9||TVS Scooty Pep+ ||10,631 ||12,135 ||-12.39 |
|10||Honda Grazia ||10,388 ||21,432 ||-51.53 |
The Honda Activa range consists of the Activa 5G and the Activa 125 offerings. The Activa is one of the most popular scooters in the Indian market, and has been on sale for over 10 years now. In the month of June 2019, the Honda Activa clocked in 2,36,739 units of sales. However, this is a drop of 19 per cent from 2,92,294 units in June 2019.
In the second slot is the TVS Jupiter with 56,254 units in the month of June 2019. This alone shows the popularity of the Activa in the Indian market, which has a lead of almost 2 lakh units in monthly sales over the second best-selling scooter.
The third position is occupied by the Suzuki Access 125. The Access is the most popular scooter in India's premium 125cc segment bringin volume sales to Suzuki in India. In the month of June 2019, the Suzuki Access 125 clocked in 49,366 units; a 28 per cent growth from June 2018 when it sold 38,338 units.
The middle part of the list is occupied by the Honda Dio, TVS NTorq, Yamaha Fascino and Hero Destini. Each of these scooters clocked in 43,749 units, 21,738 units, 15,519 units and 11,292 units of sales, respectively in the previous month. The Hero Destini is the newest member in the list as the scooter was launched in the Indian market recently.
The top-10 best-selling scooter list is finished off by the Yamaha Ray, TVS Scooty Pep+ and the Honda Grazia; coming in at eighth, ninth and tenth in order.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019
The list of top-selling scooters in the Indian market has remainded unchanged over the past two months. However, there has been a number of reshuffling in the middle order. With new launches expected to take place in the coming months, it will be interesting to see how this table varies going forward.