- 23 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 34 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Suzuki Motorcycles India has recorded zero units of sales of their Intruder motorcycle offering during the first two months of 2019. According to SIAM reports, the Suzuki Intruder sales for the month of January and February 2019 is zero.
The Suzuki Intruder 155 was launched back in November 2017. The entry-level cruiser offering borrowed design inspirations from its larger sibling, the Intruder 1200. Initially, the sales of the Intruder was off to a good start.
The Japanese motorcycle brand in India sold over 14,300 units of the Suzuki Intruder motorcycle between November 2017 and February 2018. The brand had average sales of around 3,000 units every month. In February 2018, Suzuki even recorded sales of over 4,800 units as well.
However, during the same six months the following year, sales of the Suzuki Intruder had come down from 14,300 units to just 2,325 units. This was following a dip in sales in September and October 2018, which recorded 954 and 929 units, respectively.
The reason for the drop in sales is unknown. There are speculations that Suzuki might be working on a new variant of the Intruder or that an update might be in the pipeline. However, these are just speculations, with nothing to particularly pinpoint as the reason for the drop in sales.
There is also no news from Suzuki Motorcycles regarding any possibility of discontinuing the product. The Suzuki Intruder is already offered with an ABS system, making it compliant with the upcoming safety norms of April 1st 2019. The Suzuki website also continues to feature the motorcycle in their product lineup, suggesting they haven't stopped production as well.
The Suzuki Intruder is powered by the same 155cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine as seen on the Gixxer and Gixxer SF models. It produces 14.8bhp and 14Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Suzuki Intruder is available in two variants - Standard and Fuel-Injection. The standard variant is priced at Rs 1 lakh while the Fi trim carries a price tag of Rs 1.07 lakh, both ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Suzuki Intruder Sales
The Suzuki Intruder Sales in India is down to zero units for the past two months. There is no specific reason for the drop in sales of the cruiser motorcycle offering in the market. The entry-level Suzuki Intruder in India rival the Bajaj Avenger in the market.