- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Movies Did Alia Bhatt Misbehave With Her Bodyguards? Netizens Call Her Rude & Ask Her To Watch Her Attitude
- Sports Snap judgment: Fan who took selfie with Mbappe fined and banned
- Technology Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design Announced With 5G Support For 2095 Euros
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Suzuki Motorcycles India is said to be working on a 250cc version of their popular Intruder cruiser motorcycle in the country. The new Suzuki Intruder 250 will be offered with a brand new chassis, along with a host of changes compared to the current 155cc model.
Suzuki recently launched the Gixxer SF 250 in the Indian market, alongside the updated Gixxer SF (155cc). The new Suzuki Intruder 250 will carry forward the same engine, while receiving a bunch of other updates and changes.
The engine is in the form of a 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder unit producing 26.5bhp and 22.5Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox. According to ZgWheels, the new Suzuki Intruder 250 is expected to be launched in the country at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new 250cc version of the Intruder will feature all the latest equipment such as LED headlamps, LED tail lights, forward-set foot pegs, low seats, easy-reach handlebars and a longer swingarm.
Ahead of the launch of the Intruder 250 in India, Suzuki will first introduce the naked street-fighter version of the Gixxer SF 250, called the Gixxer 250. The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to launch in India sometime later this year and will rival the likes of the KTM Duke 250 and Yamaha FZ 25 in the market — read our first ride review here.
The other mechanical bits on the upcoming Intruder 250 could be carried forward from the Gixxer SF 250. However, parts such as the telescopic front forks and the monoshock suspension could be tuned differently to suit the cruiser stance. It will also get the same braking and dual-channel ABS system as the fully-faired sports bike.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Intruder 250 In India
The Suzuki Intruder 250 once launched in the country will be the first and only quarter-litre cruiser offering in India. It will have no direct rivals, although it might take on the likes of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 in the cruiser motorcycle segment. We can expect Suzuki to price the Intruder 250 in the range of Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 1.9 lakh, ex-showroom upon launch.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only