- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Suzuki intends launching the 250 cc naked roadster within the next few months. We expect the motorcycle to be called the Gixxer 250, and expect to see it launched around the Diwali time. The upcoming Gixxer 250 will feature similarities with the recently launched Gixxer SF 250.
According to IndianAutosBlog, the upcoming 250 naked roadster, or the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature LED headlights and tail lamps, a fully digital instrument console, a split-saddle, a two-piece pillion grab rail and a dual-channel ABS.
The ergonomics are expected to see a revision, and the motorcycle will feature a single piece handlebar that is more in tune with the naked roadster look of the motorcycle. In addition, the riding stance will be upright.
The engine featured on the Gixxer 250 will be the same one that is present on the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250. It will be a 249cc single-cylinder, 4-valve, SOHC, fuel-injected engine that features the Suzuki Oil Cooling System. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Suzuki wants to launch the motorcycle within the next few months so there is a high possibility that the Gixxer 250 will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. It may be noted that the Gixxer SF 250 was launched with a BS-IV compliant engine with plans to upgrade to a BS-VI in a few months. The current BS-IV version delivers 26.5bhp of power @ 9000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500 rpm.
Braking duties will most likely be handled by disc brakes at both ends, and ABS will be offered as a standard. The upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature conventional telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The wheels are expected to be the same as those featured on the SF 250. The motorcycle will also feature 110/70R-17M/C front and 150/60R-17M/C rear radial tubeless tyres.
The naked roadster is expected to be lighter than the Gixxer SF 250, and may feature a kerb weight of about 158 kilograms. While we definitely do not have pricing details so far away from launch, we expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced at about Rs 1.65 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Suzuki 250 Naked Roadster
We saw this coming. We all saw it coming. The next step after launching a sport-styled motorcycle is to launch a naked roadster variant. So we're expecting same engine performance but with slightly different ergonomics. Good thing for the folks who prefer an upright riding position instead of a lean in one.