- 26 min ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 32 min ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- 1 hr ago TVS Ntorq 125 Launched With New Matte Silver Colour At Rs 59,995
- 2 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Pre-Bookings Open — India’s First All-Electric Motorcycle
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Lifestyle 8 Best Lifestyle Changes To Help Control Diabetes
- Movies Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka 2 To Go Off Air Soon; Check Out The Upcoming Twist!
- Sports IOA cannot take unilateral decision to pull out of 2022 CWG, must consult govt: Rijiju
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Suzuki intends launching the 250 cc naked roadster within the next few months. We expect the motorcycle to be called the Gixxer 250, and expect to see it launched around the Diwali time. The upcoming Gixxer 250 will feature similarities with the recently launched Gixxer SF 250.
According to IndianAutosBlog, the upcoming 250 naked roadster, or the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature LED headlights and tail lamps, a fully digital instrument console, a split-saddle, a two-piece pillion grab rail and a dual-channel ABS.
The ergonomics are expected to see a revision, and the motorcycle will feature a single piece handlebar that is more in tune with the naked roadster look of the motorcycle. In addition, the riding stance will be upright.
The engine featured on the Gixxer 250 will be the same one that is present on the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250. It will be a 249cc single-cylinder, 4-valve, SOHC, fuel-injected engine that features the Suzuki Oil Cooling System. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Suzuki wants to launch the motorcycle within the next few months so there is a high possibility that the Gixxer 250 will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. It may be noted that the Gixxer SF 250 was launched with a BS-IV compliant engine with plans to upgrade to a BS-VI in a few months. The current BS-IV version delivers 26.5bhp of power @ 9000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500 rpm.
Braking duties will most likely be handled by disc brakes at both ends, and ABS will be offered as a standard. The upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature conventional telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The wheels are expected to be the same as those featured on the SF 250. The motorcycle will also feature 110/70R-17M/C front and 150/60R-17M/C rear radial tubeless tyres.
The naked roadster is expected to be lighter than the Gixxer SF 250, and may feature a kerb weight of about 158 kilograms. While we definitely do not have pricing details so far away from launch, we expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced at about Rs 1.65 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Suzuki 250 Naked Roadster
We saw this coming. We all saw it coming. The next step after launching a sport-styled motorcycle is to launch a naked roadster variant. So we're expecting same engine performance but with slightly different ergonomics. Good thing for the folks who prefer an upright riding position instead of a lean in one.