- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- News Sasikala seeks remission, learnt Kannada while in prison
- Sports India vs Australia: Kuldeep is back in rhythm, India can try him in 1st T20: Sunil Gavaskar
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
Suzuki intends launching the 250 cc naked roadster within the next few months. We expect the motorcycle to be called the Gixxer 250, and expect to see it launched around the Diwali time. The upcoming Gixxer 250 will feature similarities with the recently launched Gixxer SF 250.
According to IndianAutosBlog, the upcoming 250 naked roadster, or the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature LED headlights and tail lamps, a fully digital instrument console, a split-saddle, a two-piece pillion grab rail and a dual-channel ABS.
The ergonomics are expected to see a revision, and the motorcycle will feature a single piece handlebar that is more in tune with the naked roadster look of the motorcycle. In addition, the riding stance will be upright.
The engine featured on the Gixxer 250 will be the same one that is present on the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250. It will be a 249cc single-cylinder, 4-valve, SOHC, fuel-injected engine that features the Suzuki Oil Cooling System. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Suzuki wants to launch the motorcycle within the next few months so there is a high possibility that the Gixxer 250 will feature a BS-VI compliant engine. It may be noted that the Gixxer SF 250 was launched with a BS-IV compliant engine with plans to upgrade to a BS-VI in a few months. The current BS-IV version delivers 26.5bhp of power @ 9000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500 rpm.
Braking duties will most likely be handled by disc brakes at both ends, and ABS will be offered as a standard. The upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature conventional telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The wheels are expected to be the same as those featured on the SF 250. The motorcycle will also feature 110/70R-17M/C front and 150/60R-17M/C rear radial tubeless tyres.
The naked roadster is expected to be lighter than the Gixxer SF 250, and may feature a kerb weight of about 158 kilograms. While we definitely do not have pricing details so far away from launch, we expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced at about Rs 1.65 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Upcoming Suzuki 250 Naked Roadster
We saw this coming. We all saw it coming. The next step after launching a sport-styled motorcycle is to launch a naked roadster variant. So we're expecting same engine performance but with slightly different ergonomics. Good thing for the folks who prefer an upright riding position instead of a lean in one.