- 7 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 9 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 12 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 13 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- News Two dead, several feared trapped as 4-storey building collapses in Maharashtra's Bhiwandi
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30s Spotted Online With Dual-Channel Wi-Fi Support
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Suzuki Motorcycles is said to be unveiling its new Gixxer 250 motorcycle in India soon. According to reports, the new Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be revealed on the 20th May 2019, with an expected India-launch at a later stage.
According to Motoroids, the new Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be available in both a naked street version and a fully faired version. This is similar to the Gixxer 155 twins currently on sale in the Indian market. While the naked street Gixxer 250 will be unveiled next month, the fully-faired Gixxer 250 SF will be showcased a few months later.
Both motorcycles, unlike their smaller displacement siblings will feature bold and sporty designs, inspired from their larger GSX range. However, both motorcycles will offer a comfortable upright riding position and linear acceleration from the engines.
The technical specifications of the upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 are yet to be announced. However, we can expect Suzuki to offer the Gixxer 250 with a single-cylinder unit, rather than the parallel-twin seen on the international-spec GSX-250R. The single-cylinder unit will be expected to produce a power output in the range of 20 - 25bhp. The engine will further come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Suzuki might also borrow the frame, chassis and suspension set up from the Gixxer 155. Although these will be modified and reinforced. The usage of the same components will help Suzuki to reduce overall production costs; allowing them to price the motorcycle competitively in the Indian market. Braking on the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will however by improved, to handle the additional weight and power output of the motorcycle. Suzuki might even offer the Gixxer 250 with a dual-channel ABS system as standard.
In terms of features, the upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to come with a fully-digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps with LED DRLs; among a host of others as well.
Apart from the new Gixxer 250, Suzuki is also planning to update its Gixxer 155 model as well. The new Suzuki Gixxer 155 is also expected to come with a number of design changes and feature update, with a launch expected sometime during end-2019 — read here for more details.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer 250 In India
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be latest product in the brand's India lineup. Once launched, the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to be priced in the Rs 1.25 lakh, ex-showroom range. It will rival the likes of the Yamaha FZ25 and the KTM 250 Duke in the Indian market.