- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 3 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 5 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengal Warriors, Dabang Delhi play out entertaining draw
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Royal Enfield has released the sales figures for the month of July 2019 in India. According to the sales figures, the company has recorded a decline of 27 per cent in the domestic market.
Royal Enfield registered sales of 49,192 units in the month of July 2019, this is a decline of 27 per cent compared to 67,001 units registered during the same month in the previous year. Looking at the year-on-year sales of the Chennai-based bike manufacturer, Royal Enfield again recorded a drop from 2,86,726 units in FY 2018-19 to 2,23,612 units in FY 2019-20; a drop of 22 per cent.
However, Royal Enfield did manage to have a successful month in terms of export sales. The company recorded a major growth of 143 per cent by selling 5,003 units in the previous month compared to 2,062 units in July 2018.
Even in terms of year-on-year growth, Royal Enfield managed to record a growth of 84 per cent. The company registered export sales of 14,162 units in FY2019, compared to just 7,698 units in the previous fiscal year.
The success in terms of the export business for Royal Enfield is mainly due to their 650-Twins: Continental GT 650 and the Interceptor 650. The two 650cc offerings from the brand are the most successful motorcycles in the Indian mid-size two-wheeler segment.
The competitive pricing, alongside the Royal Enfield brand trust has allowed the two motorcycles to become extremely popular both in the Indian and international markets. The two motorcycles are offered with a price of Rs 2.50 lakh for the Interceptor 650 and Rs 2.65 lakh for the Continental GT 650. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The two motorcycles are powered by the same 649cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine. It produces 47bhp and 52Nm of torque and are mated to a six-speed gearbox.
However, overall sales of Royal Enfield recorded a drop of 22 per cent with 54,185 units of sales. This includes the export and domestic markets for the brand for the month of July 2019. The year-on-year overall sales also witnessed a 19 per cent decline in volume as well.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Sales For July 2019
Royal Enfield is one of the most popular brands in the Indian two-wheeler market. The company offers a number of products mostly in the 350 and 500cc segment. The Royal Enfield 650-twins are its flagship motorcycles, which has performed well for the bike manufacturer both in India and international market, mainly due to its highly competitive pricing.