- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Royal Enfield model-wise sales in August 2019 has been released. The model-wise sales report from Royal Enfield showcases the Classic 350 topping the chart as the best-selling model from the brand for the month of August 2019.
According to the monthly sales report, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 has 23,433 units of sales in the market during the month of August 2019. This is, however, a decline of 47.47% from August 2018 when the motorcycle registered 44,610 units of sales.
Second on the list is the Royal Enfield Bullet 350 in the market. The Bullet 350 recorded 11,824 units in the previous month. The Bullet 350 sales have improved in the Indian market by over 10% compared to August 2018 when it recorded 10,680 units.
Royal Enfield recently launched new base versions of the Classic 350 and the Bullet 350 in the Indian market. The cheaper Classic 350 S and the Bullet 350 X are priced lower than the standard models in the Indian market. The introduction of the new cheaper versions of the two models have helped in the overall sales of Royal Enfield in the month of August 2019.
The third on the list is the Royal Enfield Electra 350 with a little short of 5,000 units in the Indian market in the month of August 2019. The sales of the Electra 350 has witnessed a massive growth in the Indian market compared to August 2018, when it recorded just 2,484 units; a growth of 101%.
|Rank||Models||Aug-19||Aug-18||YoY diff %|
|1||Royal Enfield Classic 350||23,433||44,610||-47.47|
|2||Royal Enfield Bullet 350||11,824||10,680||10.71|
|3||Royal Enfield Electra 350||4,998||2,484||101.21|
|4||Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350||3,843||7,422||-48.22|
|5||Royal Enfield 650 Twins||2,172||-||-|
|6||Royal Enfield Himalayan||1,653||538||207.25|
|7||Royal Enfield Classic 500||702||1,658||-57.66|
|8||Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500||70||379||-81.53|
|9||Royal Enfield Bullet 500||57||243||-76.54|
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 which is positioned fourth in the list, has registered a drop of around 48% in the year-on-year sales of the motorcycle in the Indian market. The company registered 3,843 units of the Thunderbird 350 in August 2019; a drop from 7,422 units during the same period last year.
Royal Enfield is currently said to be working on a cheaper variant of the Thunderbird 350 for the Indian market. Details of the new base variant Thunderbird 350 have been leaked — here are the details.
The Royal Enfield 650-Twins come in fifth, with a combined sales of 2,172 units in the month of August 2019. The Royal Enfield 650-twins consisting of the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are among the best-selling models in the Indian 650cc motorcycle segment in India.
The 650-Twins recently achieved a new sales milestone of reaching 15000 units of sales within the 10 months — here are the details.
The bottom five on the list consist of the 500cc offerings and the Himalayan. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is one of the most popular entry-level adventure-tourer offerings in the Indian market. The Himalayan registered 1,653 units of sales in August 2019; a growth of over 207% from the same period last year when it registered just 538 units.
Below the Himalayan are the 500cc versions of the Classic, Bullet and Thunderbird models. The Classic 500 came in seventh with 702 units of sales while the Thunderbird and Bullet 500 registered 70 and 57 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Model-Wise Sales Report For August 2019
Royal Enfield is one of the most popular motorcycle brands in the Indian market. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 continues to dominate the sales among the wide range of products available in the brand's lineup in India.