- Finance Rupee Tumbles On Rising Crude To 68.82
- Lifestyle What Are Navy Beans? Their Benefits, Side Effects And Recipe
- News How Kulbhushan Jadhav was abducted, sold to ISI and then framed
- Movies Salman Khan Shares A Video Of A Specially-abled Fan Sketching His Portrait With Her Feet!
- Sports Emery: Arsenal are speaking about signing very big, very expensive players
- Technology Xiaomi's Most Expensive Smartphone Teased: Will Cost Rs. 4,80,000
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Royal Enfield recently launched its 650-twins in the Indian market, with the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650. Both motorcycles came with a price tag of Rs 2.49 lakh and Rs 2.64 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now months after its launch, an Interceptor 650 owner ad YouTuber (Idler Experiments) has shared his first service cost. The detailed video showcases all the service done on the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, along with the total cost of its first service.
As seen from the video, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650's first service cost came up to Rs 2,578, inclusive of all taxes. The first service of the Interceptor 650 includes engine oil change, new oil filter, along with the chain and air filter cleaning.
Motorcycle manufacturers do offer 3 to 4 free services, depending on the brand. However, these refer to just the labour charges while all consumables such as filters, oils and other parts are charged to the customer.
From the bill of service seen at the end, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 uses 3.1-litres of engine oil, which costs Rs 2,011. The other remaining charges are covered by the oil filter and the chain cleaning, both of which cost Rs 450 and Rs 116, respectively. This service cost makes it the most affordable 650cc parallel-twin engine in India.
Royal Enfield has asked customers to bring the 650cc twins for the first service after the first 500km while the second service is pegged at 10,000km. This is an unusually long interval between two services.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 also features the same engine as on the Interceptor. Hence it is safe to expect both motorcycles to have a similar cost for their first service. However, service cost also depends on the way the motorcycle is ridden and also maintained.
Both motorcycles are powered by a 649cc parallel-twin air/oil-cooled engine. It produces 47bhp and 52Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed gearbox with slipper-clutch as standard.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 First Service Cost
The first service cost of most motorcycles is usually low, as the engine is new. It will be more interesting to see the cost of maintenance once paid services start. The Royal Enfield 650-twins are currently one of the most affordable motorcycles in the middle-weight motorcycle segment in the country.