TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Royal Enfield Continental GT 650's service cost isn't that high considering its engine displacement. The new Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 were launched back in November 2018 at a starting price of Rs 2.49 lakh and 2.64 lakh, respectively. Both prices pertain to ex-showroom (Delhi) and are quite competitive.
Now, we got hold of the Continental GT 650's first service cost. This particular model got its service done in Bangalore and incurred a total cost of just Rs 2628. It is to be noted that the first service of any new vehicle is termed as 'free', even though the cost of consumables is applicable.
In this regard, the processes done here are:
- Lubricant/oil change: Rs 2012
- Oil filter replacement: Rs 450
- Chain lubing: Rs 166
- Air filter cleaning: not charged
In case you wish to know the service cost for the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, we have already shared a detailed video on it. The total cost of servicing was Rs 2011. The difference in price (even though having the same engine) is the result of the change in dealership location — know the service details of the Interceptor 650 here.
The first service for the new Royal Enfield 650cc motorcycles is recommended to be done at 500km, while it's 10,000km for the second service. Yes, there is a prolonged gap between either service intervals.
The maintenance charges tend to change with dealership location as mentioned before. However, we can make a rough estimate that the first service cost for the 650 twins is around Rs 2500.
Both the Royal Enfield 650 Twins are powered by a 649cc parallel-twin air/oil-cooled engine which makes 47bhp and 52Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox via a slipper-clutch. The motorcycles are equipped with dual-channel ABS as well.
The new Royal Enfield 650 Twins offer class-leading value for money and have already become favourites among Indian motorcycle enthusiasts. There are no direct rivals for the 650 Twins in terms of pricing and for the same reason, they have created a market of their own.
Thoughts On The Continental GT 650's Service Cost
Usually, bigger or multi-cylinder engines often require a higher service cost (since the engines have more moving parts). However, at an average of Rs 2500, the new Royal Enfield 650 twins do not carry a hefty service charge like the other twin-cylinder motorcycles on the market (Yamaha YZF-R3, Harley-Davidson Street 750, Kawasaki Ninja 300, etc.).
Furthermore, this is just the cost of the first service. The figures will obviously be higher in the services to come.