- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 7 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Royal Enfield launched their flagship 650cc motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 in the market back in November 2018. Since then the demand for the motorcycles in India has been on the rise steadily. The two motorcycles are available with a competitive price tag of Rs 2.50 lakh for the Interceptor 650 and Rs 2.65 lakh for the Continental GT 650. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Since its launch in the country, the two motorcycles have recorded a sales of over 5,000 units in the market; making them the top-selling products in the 500 - 800cc motorcycle segment in India.
The two motorcycles from Royal Enfield have a combined sales of 5,168 units in five months. Both motorcycles already demand a waiting period between four to six months. Looking at the demand for the 650-twins, Royal Enfield has decided to increase its production number, in order to help bring down the waiting period — here are more details on the waiting period and delivery of the Royal Enfield 650-Twins.
With the increasing sales of the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 in the market, the 500 - 800cc segment has witnessed a growth of 130 percent in India. The middleweight motorcycle segment in India which recorded sales of 3,585 units in FY2017-18, now has sales figures crossing 8,000 units.
The two motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and Continental Gt 650 are powered by the same 649cc parallel-twin cylinder oil-cooled engine producing 47bhp and 52Nm of peak torque; mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The two motorcycles are also offered with slipper clutch and dual-channel ABS, among a number of other features as standard. The suspension is through 41mm telescopic front forks and a twin-coil over shocks at the rear. Braking is handled by 320mm and 240mm front and rear discs, respectively.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield 650 Sales In India
The Royal Enfield 650 sales in the Indian market has been witnessing a steady increase month-on-month. Both the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are already the top-selling motorcycles in the segment. The Royal Enfield 650-Twins rival the likes of the Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street Rod.