- 2 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 10 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Movies Nach Baliye 9 Grand Premiere: Fans Loved The FIRST Episode; #BhaiOnNachBaliye9 Trends On Twitter!
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Revolt Motors is all set to launch their first product, the RV400 in the Indian market. The Revolt RV400 was unveiled last month and will be the country's first electric motorcycle and is set to launch on the 22nd of July. Pre-bookings for the Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle has begun for an amount of Rs 1,000; through their official website as well as Amazon.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, we tell you everything you need to know about the upcoming AI-enabled electric motorcycle in the Indian market.
The Revolt RV400 is offered with a naked streetfighter motorcycle design. It offers slim, minimalistic design features, similar to conventional motorcycles. It features a basic single-seat, LED headlamps up front and LED tail lights at the rear. The electric motorcycle also comes with large grab rails for the pillion riders, blacked-out alloy wheels and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The RV400 electric motorcycle also offers an upright seating position, with forward set foot pegs which provides a comfortable and relaxed riding position as well.
Performance & Range
Revolt is yet to officially announce the exact specifications and technical details of the battery pack used to power the RV 400. However, they have announced that the motorcycle will provide a range of 156kn on a single charge while having a top-speed of 85km/h.
The motorcycle does come with three riding modes: City, Eco and Sport. All three of which are programmed to offer varying performance levels and range.
The Revolt RV400 comes with AI-enabled technology, which translates to a host of in-built features and connectivity equipment. The electric motorcycle can be connected to an app on the phone, which provides features such as geo-fencing, live vehicle tracking and charging station location. The app also learns the riding style which further helps enhancing the range and performance of the motorcycle, suited to the rider.
The motorcycle also comes with an e-sim, which sends out real-time vehicle and battery diagnostics, while also sending out alerts to the rider in case of any malfunctions. Other features on the motorcycle also includes a keyless start/stop 'power' button on the tank.
Revolt also offers four pre-loaded exhaust notes on the RV400. The exhaust sound is made through speakers mounted on the motorcycle. However, riders can further customise the exhaust note, by downloading more from the app - replicating the exhaust note of anything from a single-cylinder to an in-line four. Users can even create their own sound and load it onto the app as well.
Revolt is offering a range of charging options for their RV400 electric motorcycle. To get rid of the range anxiety of customers, Revolt will be offering four different ways of charging the motorcycle.
- Home-Charging System: The Revolt RV400 can be charged using a standard 15A socket available everywhere. The batteries will take up to 4 hours for a complete charge.
- Removable Battery-Pack: The motorcycle comes with a removable battery, which can be taken out and charged separately. However, the battery does weigh in at 15kg, this will be a tough task on a daily basis.
- Mobile Battery Stations: Revolt will set up unique battery stations across all major cities. This will allow users to come to their nearest station and swap their depleted battery with a fully-charged one. However, there might be a transaction involved, which is yet to be officially announced by the brand.
- Battery Delivery: This is probably the most unique charging options offered by Revolt. This will offer the customers to get a fully-charged battery delivered to their doorstep. Again, this service may be offered either with an additional transactions, or through a subscription plan which is yet to be officially announced.
The Revolt RV400 is expected to be priced somewhere in the range equivalent to a 125cc conventional motorcycle segment. This translates to a pricing in the range of Rs 1 Lakh, ex-showroom.
Revolt will first launch the RV 400 electric motorcycle first in Delhi. This will soon be followed by Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Ahmedabad and Chennai in the following months. The bike will be sold either through dedicated showrooms or through Amazon.in, which has already started accepting pre-bookings for the electric motorcycle.
Thoughts On The Revolt RV400 Electric Motorcycle
The Revolt RV 400 will be the first electric motorcycle in the Indian market. It will be on sale in the market in a phased manner starting from Delhi on the 22nd of July. There are no direct rivals to the RV 400 at the moment, however, it will rival the upcoming 'F77' electric motorcycle from the Bangalore-based Ultraviolette Motorcycles, expected to launch soon.