- 11 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 12 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- News RRB JE CBT 2 result 2019 to be declared on rrbcdg.gov.in and zonal websites
- Technology LG Diwali Offers On LG G8s ThinQ, LG W30 Pro, LG Q60, LG W10, LG W30 And More
- Movies Made In China Movie Review: Rajkummar Rao & Boman Irani's Solid Act Makes It A 'Satisfying' Watch!
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Red Rooster Performance has launched two aftermarket exhausts for Jawa Motorcycles. The performance exhausts are built out of 304-grade stainless steel. The company also manufacturers aftermarket exhausts for Royal Enfield and KTM.
Rumors are that that aftermarket exhausts increase the performance figures on Jawa motorcycles by 20 percent. This is not true. We spoke with Red Rooster Performance and found out exact increases in output figures for both exhausts.
The aftermarket exhausts built by Red Rooster Performance are available in two variants. First is the Celesta — a longer exhaust priced at Rs 16,490. The Celesta is a sleeker, longer exhaust and increases power figures from 27bhp to 27.7bhp. That's an increase of 0.7bhp!
The second is the Celesta Pro — a shorter exhaust priced at Rs 16,990. According to the company, the Celesta Pro has more growl as compared to the Celesta exhausts, and increases the stock power figure from 27bhp to 27.6bhp. A total increase of 0.6bhp!
Red Rooster Performance also said that they would absorb shipping shipping charges, however, we are unsure if this is a one off case. Payments for the exhausts have to be made via a bank transfer.
The Jawa and the Jawa 42 are powered by a 293cc liquid cooled engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission. Installing the Red Rooster Performance exhausts hardly make any difference to these performance values.
In Jawa related news, the company is close to launching their third offering, the Perak Bobber, in India. The motorcycle is powered by a 334cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine with fuel-injection system that produces 30bhp of power and 31 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission.
Red Rooster Performance International Private Limited is a Bangalore based company that manufacturers exhaust systems & air filters for Royal Enfield's Classic, Thunderbird, Himalayan, Continental GT 535, & the 650 models, and for KTM motorcycles.
The company also manufacturers air filters and performance suspension systems for four wheelers.
Thoughts About The Aftermarket Exhausts For Jawa Motorcycles
That's almost Rs 17,000 for an exhaust system that adds just over half a horse to a motorcycle. We're not sure what Red Rooster where thinking when they decided to retail this. Sure, one can upgrade the ECU and the air filter to increase those values, but we're not entirely sure that the exhaust system is worth the money.