- 16 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 17 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- News India can’t be refugee capital of India, Centre tells SC on NRC matter
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Technology Google To Boost Pixel 4 Smartphone Series With 6GB Of RAM
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The new generation FZS-FI has already been spied testing multiple times, ahead of its launch. The FZ16 borrows design inspiration from its larger sibling, the FZ25. The new FZ16 offers a more muscular tank with an extended shroud, similar to the FZ25. Other similarities also include the new headlamp cluster. The FZ16 features an LED lights instead of the halogen units found on the current-generation FZS.
Other changes also include a small belly pan, a shorter rear section and a rear tyre hugger which has a different design compared to the current generation model. However, the tail lights and the indicators remain unchanged.
The Yamaha FZ16 will continue to be powered by the same 149cc single-cylinder unit. On the current generation FZS, the engine produces 13bhp and 12.8Nm of torque. The new model, however, is expected to offer a slight bump in the power and torque. The engine will continue to be mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The FZ16 will also carry forward the same suspension and brakes from the current-generation model. This includes telescopic front forks and a monoshock at the rear. The Yamaha FZ16 once launched n India, will be updated with the ABS system.
Yamaha recently launched the YZF-R15 V3.0 with a dual-channel ABS system. The new Yamaha R15 ABS also comes with a brand new paint scheme — Darknight. The new Yamaha R15 ABS comes with a starting price of Rs 1.39 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Yamaha FZ16 ABS
The Yamaha FZ16 ABS will replace the current generation FZS model in the brand's India lineup. The new FZ16 is expected to be priced at a slight premium of Rs 8,000 - 10,000. Currently, the FZS-FI comes with a starting price of Rs 84,042, ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched in India, the Yamaha FZ16 ABS will directly take on rivals such as the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.