- 39 min ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- Technology TRAI Suggests 11 Digit Mobile Numbers In India
- Movies EXCLUSIVE: Sidharth Malhotra Transfers Money To Bollywood Dancers Out Of Work In Lockdown
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Naming Ceremony In This Month
- News COVID-19 tally in Andhra Pradesh at 3,461
- Sports Tottenham's Parrott has appendix removed
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra is offering massive stock-clearance discounts on the Mojo. The company is offering discounts of up to Rs 75,000 on the Mahindra Mojo UT300 variant. The UT300 is the entry level variant of the Mahindra Mojo and it currently retails at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore). On road prices for the same motorcycle would come up to Rs 1.82 lakh.
Mahindra is offering three types of discounts on the Mojo UT300. A standard discount of Rs 40,000 is applicable to any customer who wants to purchase the motorcycle. Further to this, the customer can get a discount of up to Rs 60,000 if he/she is willing to exchange their old motorcycle.
Employees at Mahindra Automotive or Tech Mahindra can get a discount of up to Rs 75,000. This brings the on-road prices of the Mahindra Mojo down to Rs 1.42 lakh for a walk-in customer and Rs 1.07 lakh for Mahindra employees. This could easily be called the steal of the year.
The Mahindra Mojo is a brilliant motorcycle that has proven itself to be rugged and sturdy. It has a loyal following and people genuinely love the Mahindra Mojo. Its engine has a unique character that almost entices the rider and hence it has its charm.
However, things have not gone very well for the Mahindra Mojo when it comes to sales figures. It has constantly been near the bottom of the sales charts. Tough competition is the reason for the Mahindra Mojo's sales to have fizzled out.
When Jawa Motorcycles launched the Jawa and Jawa 42 in the Indian market back in November 2018, sales of the Mahindra Mojo dropped down to just five units. Mahindra is now offering these discounts in order to clear stocks of the Mahindra Mojo UT300.
The Indian Government has made it mandatory for all motorcycle with an engine capacity of above 125cc to have ABS, and this rule would be implemented starting 01 April, 2019. The Mahindra Mojo, despite being a 300cc offering was till now offered without ABS.
As a result of the rule being actioned, Mahindra will stop sales of the current Mojo model and bring in an ABS-equipped model. This is the primary reason for these discounts to be offered. However, there is a catch to it — these discounts are valid only until 31 March 2019. This is only because the non-ABS Mojo cannot be sold from the showroom floors starting 01 April, 2019.
Thoughts On Mahindra Mojo: Massive Discounts Of Up To Rs 75,000 Until 31 March 2019
The discounts being offered by Mahindra on the Mojo is massive and this motorcycle is worth every penny of it. Mahindra will for sure sell all units of the Mojo before 31 march, and then we can expect the ABS-equipped version to be launched soon. Expect a slight increase in prices too.