- 12 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 14 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 16 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Austrian motorcycle manufacturer will launch the much awaited KTM RC 125 in June 2019. The KTM RC 125 and the KTM Duke 125 feature the same 124.7cc liquid cooled engine. Once launched, the KTM RC125 will be the most affordable RC model in the stable.
According to BikeDekho, sources have confirmed that the entry-level super-sport, the KTM RC 125, will be launched in June 2019. KTM realized the need for the RC 125 after the overwhelming response of the Duke 125. The 'Little Duke' outsold all of it's siblings combined.
The KTM RC 125 was spotted while testing in Pune, and the motorcycle shows one small change from the RC 125 that is available globally. The India spec KTM RC 125 features an underbelly exhaust in comparison to the international version that features a side-mounted exhaust. This may be because of cost factors. While there is no confirmation, the India spec motorcycle may feature the side-mounted exhaust.
The KTM RC 125 will be powered by the same engine that features on the Duke 125, a 124.7cc single cylinder, liquid cooled petrol engine that produces 14.3bhp @ 9,250rpm, and 12Nm of torque @ 8,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The RC and Duke 125's sold internationally generate only 0.4bhp more than the India spec versions.
The KTM RC 125 features WP upside-down forks in the front, and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 300mm disc in the front that is paired to a radially mounted four-piston caliper, and it features a 230mm disc at the rear. While the motorcycle gets single-channel ABS from the get-go, cornering ABS will be added soon. The motorcycle also features 17-inch alloy wheels.
The KTM RC 125 is expected to be priced at Rs 1.4 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The motorcycle will compete with the Yamaha R15 V3.
Thoughts About The KTM RC 125
KTM is already dominating one part of the sub-200cc segment with the Duke 125. Once launched, they may eventually dominate the sporty segment as well. The RC is one of the best sport-style models available in the country. Good to see KTM expanding the RC line. It's about time!