- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Our sources have confirmed that the much awaited KTM Duke 790 will launch during the festive season this year. There has been much delay with the launch but we now know that the company is waiting for clearance from the (ARAI) Automotive Research Foundation of India.
KTM is expecting to get the clearance within a month's time and the company has started preparing for launch. The KTM Duke 790 has been brought via the CKD route. Our source said that there are under 200 motorcycles in the country and that the company plans to stop production of the 790 and start retailing the KTM Duke 890 starting next year.
The KTM Duke 790 is powered by an all-new LC8 799cc liquid cooled, parallel twin engine that produces 102.5bhp of power and 87Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission and also features a slipper clutch.
The KTM Duke 790 features a 43mm upside down fork at the front and a WP adjustable mono-shock at the rear. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front, and a single 240mm disc at the rear.
While we do not have information about the KTM Duke 890, we expect that the motorcycle will be roughly 15bhp more powerful than the 790 variant. We also expect hardware upgrades in terms of braking calipers and adjustable levers.
Other features expected on both motorcycles are lean-sensitive traction control, quick-shifters, cornering ABS, launch control, multiple riding modes, and wheelie control.
Once launched, the almost limited edition Duke 790 is expected to be priced at about Rs 7.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
There really is no competition for the KTM, but it will compete with the Kawasaki Z 800. There is no information or rumor about pricing for the KTM Duke 890.
In related news, KTM also plans to launch several other motorcycles by the end of next year. These are the 2020 RC 390, the KTM 390 Adventure, and the KTM 790 Adventure.
Thoughts About The Duke 790 Launching This Festive Season
Finally! KTM has had a few set backs and delays with the launch of the Duke 790. We now know the motorcycles will launch this year and we're excited to test ride and possibly own one of these two-wheel hooligans. We're hoping the ARAI issues a clearance soon and we see this machine on the roads asap!