- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 3 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Our sources have confirmed that the much awaited KTM Duke 790 will launch during the festive season this year. There has been much delay with the launch but we now know that the company is waiting for clearance from the (ARAI) Automotive Research Foundation of India.
KTM is expecting to get the clearance within a month's time and the company has started preparing for launch. The KTM Duke 790 has been brought via the CKD route. Our source said that there are under 200 motorcycles in the country and that the company plans to stop production of the 790 and start retailing the KTM Duke 890 starting next year.
The KTM Duke 790 is powered by an all-new LC8 799cc liquid cooled, parallel twin engine that produces 102.5bhp of power and 87Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission and also features a slipper clutch.
The KTM Duke 790 features a 43mm upside down fork at the front and a WP adjustable mono-shock at the rear. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front, and a single 240mm disc at the rear.
While we do not have information about the KTM Duke 890, we expect that the motorcycle will be roughly 15bhp more powerful than the 790 variant. We also expect hardware upgrades in terms of braking calipers and adjustable levers.
Other features expected on both motorcycles are lean-sensitive traction control, quick-shifters, cornering ABS, launch control, multiple riding modes, and wheelie control.
Once launched, the almost limited edition Duke 790 is expected to be priced at about Rs 7.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
There really is no competition for the KTM, but it will compete with the Kawasaki Z 800. There is no information or rumor about pricing for the KTM Duke 890.
In related news, KTM also plans to launch several other motorcycles by the end of next year. These are the 2020 RC 390, the KTM 390 Adventure, and the KTM 790 Adventure.
Thoughts About The Duke 790 Launching This Festive Season
Finally! KTM has had a few set backs and delays with the launch of the Duke 790. We now know the motorcycles will launch this year and we're excited to test ride and possibly own one of these two-wheel hooligans. We're hoping the ARAI issues a clearance soon and we see this machine on the roads asap!