- 16 min ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 50 min ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 3 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Lifestyle Rose Day Welfare of Cancer patients: What Should You Not Eat When You Have Cancer?
- Sports IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore batsman AB de Villiers surprised to find form so early
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Modi Address Students Virtually
- Movies Ka Pae Ranasingam On Zee Plex: Netizens Troll Makers, Say AC Theatres Charge Less Than Them
- Finance Last Day To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card Draws Near
- Technology Poco X3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Chipset Launched In India; Better Than Competition?
- News Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold discussions with Sri Lankan counterpart on September 26
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
KTM Duke 125 sales for July 2019 has overtaken the Yamaha MT-15 in the Indian market. The KTM Duke 125 which was launched in India earlier this year, has registered sales of 2,786 units in the month of July 2019. This is almost twice the sales of its rival, the Yamaha MT-15 which managed to record just 1,400 units in the previous month.
This is the third consecutive month where the Duke 125 sales have outperformed that of the MT-15. The main reason for the better sales performance of the KTM Duke 125 is the lower pricing of the motorcycle, while also being better packed with features.
The KTM Duke 125 comes with a host of features, most of it borrowed from its elder sibling, the Duke 200. This includes a full-digital instrument cluster, inverted front forks, adjustable mono-shock suspension, disc brakes at both ends supported by a single-channel ABS and LED tail lights.
Although, most of these features are available on the Yamaha MT-15 as well, it does miss out on a few of them. Another thing to consider is the price, the KTM Duke 125 now retails at Rs 1.29 lakh, which is after receiving two price hikes in the Indian market. The Duke 125 was launched in India with a price tag of Rs 1.19 lakh. The Yamaha MT-15, on the other hand, is priced higher at Rs 1.37 lakh and yet offers less features and equipment than its 125cc rival.
However, the Yamaha MT-15 does offer a more powerful engine, with a much higher power output and torque figures. The MT-15 is powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 19bhp and 14.3Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The KTM Duke 125 is powered by a smaller 124cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. This produces 15bhp and 12Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox. The Duke 125 also misses out on the Slipper Clutch, available on the MT-15.
Thoughts On The KTM Duke 125 Sales In July 2019
The KTM Duke 125 is a very capable naked streetfighter offering from the Austrian brand in the Indian market. The Duke 125 carries forward the same styling as its elder 200cc sibling, making it an attractive offering, especially for first time bike buyers in the Indian market.
It also rivals motorcycles above its segment, including the Yamaha MT-15, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the Suzuki Gixxer in the Indian market.