- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 7 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Details of the KTM 790 Duke have been leaked ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The technical details, specifications and features of the KTM 790 Duke have been leaked through a brochure.
The image of the brochure has appeared online with details of the engine, riding modes, features, performance figures, etc. The KTM 790 Duke is easily the most awaited motorcycle in the Indian market.
Enthusiasts and critics, buyers and admirers have all been waiting eagerly for the motorcycle to launch. But KTM has been delaying the launch owing to various reasons. It was recently confirmed that the motorcycle will be launched before the end of 2019.
It seems like all eyes are glued to KTM dealerships these days, as every move made by KTM is being observed. KTM recently started shipping the 790 Duke to dealerships across the country. The Austrian manufacturer also confirmed the launch of the KTM 890 Duke.
Now we have news of the brochure being leaked. There is no doubt in the fact that the brochure was leaked by one of the dealerships. KTM had started upgrading dealerships to prepare for the arrival of the 390 Adventure, 790 Duke and the Husqvarna twins. Adding to this was the arrival of the 790 Duke at dealerships.
There is no doubt that the 790 Duke's marketing brochure too would have been shipped to dealerships along with the motorcycle. It seems like someone just took a picture of one of these brochures and put it up online.
According to the brochure, the KTM 790 Duke will have top-notch electronics. The motorcycle features MTC ( Motorcycle Traction Control) to help put the power down to the road, allowing for best acceleration times irrespective of the terrain being ridden on.
The traction control is interlinked with the six-axis inertia sensor and is lean-angle sensitive. It features three riding modes and can be completely turned off as well. The KTM 790 Duke also comes with Track Mode that helps the rider get raw and unadulterated power.
It also features the Quickshifter+ system for clutchless upshifts and downshifts. MSR (Motor Slip Regulation) comes as standard equipment on the KTM 790 Duke. This feature does not allow the rear wheel to lock up when the rider lets go off the throttle abruptly and even when downshifting aggressively.
Supermoto Mode is yet another feature in the KTM 790 Duke that allows the rider to have fun by turning off the ABS on the rear-wheel. This mode should make for brilliant slides and drifts.
The KTM 790 Duke is powered by a liquid-cooled, 799cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 105bhp at 9,000rpm and a peak torque output of 87Nm at 8,000rpm. A six-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
Braking duties are handled by dual 300mm petal discs up front with radially-mounted 4-piston calipers and a 240mm disc at the rear with a 2-piston caliper. The front end of the motorcycle is suspended by 43mm upside-down forks while the rear is taken care of by a WP monoshock.
Thoughts On KTM 790 Duke Engine, Brakes, Suspension & Riding Aids Details Leaked
The KTM 790 Duke has been a hot topic of discussion among motorcycling communities and groups. Until now, it was unclear if the Indian market would get the motorcycle as it is sold in Europe and there were rumours that the engine may be detuned for the Indian market.
However, this brochure has put those rumours to rest. The motorcycle for India is in-fact more powerful than the model on sale in Europe. Yes, it is only a 2bhp increase, but it still is higher, and that makes us happy.