- 7 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Shares A Collage Of Zain & His Own Baby Pic; You Won’t Be Able To Tell Who’s Who!
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The KTM 790 Adventure has been launched in the Indonesian market at IDR 35,00,00,000 or 35-crore Indonesian Rupiah (Rs 17.15 lakh). The motorcycle was launched at the recently-concluded Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show.
KTM has retained the European specifications for the Indonesian market. The KTM 790 Adventure is one of the most awaited motorcycles in recent years. KTM has a penchant for making brilliant motorcycles across different segments.
The supersport segment has the RC8, RC390, RC200 and RC125. The naked motorcycle or streetfighter category has the KTM Duke series of motorcycles. The Adventure series caters to those looking for an adventure tourer.
KTM's road-going motorcycles take inspiration from their counterparts in motorsport. A large part of KTM's development comes from the Motorsport world and this is exactly where KTM is successful.
KTM has so far won several titles across motorsport segments. The Adventure series of motorcycles take inspiration from KTM's Supercross and Rally bikes that have won rallies like the Dakar Rally, Merzouga Rally, Baja Aragon, etc.
Hence, it is known that these road-going motorcycles can take on anything you throw at it, in style. The KTM 790 Adventure too is in high-demand across the world due to its motorsport-derived characteristics. It has finally been launched in the Indonesian market.
In India, the motorcycle has been spotted testing multiple times, but has so far remained elusive from the official launch. According to recent reports, the KTM 790 Adventure will be launched in India later this year — probably around the festive season.
The model that will be launched in India will be similar to the one that was just put on sale in Indonesia. It is powered by a liquid-cooled, 799cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 95bhp and a peak torque output of 88Nm.
A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. The KTM 790 Adventure sports typical ADV styling. It comes with long-travel suspension, spoked wheels, dual-purpose tyres, engine bash plate, etc. Instrumentation duties are handled by a TFT display.
It features LED lighting all around. The motorcycle also comes with riding modes and switchable ABS. KTM is also making a limited edition 790 Adventure R Rally. Only 500 units of these will be made. The Indonesian market didn't get this model and at the moment we are unsure if India will get it too.
Thoughts On KTM 790 Adventure Launched In Indonesia While Indians Are Still Waiting For It
In Indonesia, the KTM 790 Adventure's price is very steep. In India though, that won't be the case as KTM would produce it locally. It is expected to be priced at around Rs 8 lakh (ex-showroom).
The KTM 790 Adventure comes with best-in-segment features and it is expected to cost the least in its segment. It is an impending success story and we cannot wait for the motorcycle to be launched in India.