- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
KTM is said to be launching the 790 Adventure and Adventure R offerings in the Indian market. Both variants of the KTM 790 Adventure is expected to go on sale this year, sometime around the festive season.
According to Overdrive, the KTM 790 Adventure will follow the introduction of the 790 Duke, which is expected to go on sale in April. The adventure-tourer offering from KTM will borrow certain parts and components from the upcoming 790 Duke as well. Similar to the 790 Duke, the ADV offering will also be imported into India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and assembled in KTM's plant in Chakan.
It will carry forward the same 799cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine from its naked streetfighter sibling. The engine produces 95bhp and 88Nm of torque and will be mated to a six-speed gearbox unit.
The suspension unit on the KTM 790 Adventure will be sourced from WP and will feature upside down forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Both suspension systems are said to offer 200mm of travel.
Internationally, the KTM 790 Adventure comes with a number of features including switchable cornering ABS, off-road ABS and traction control among other touring specific accessories and equipment. KTM also offers cruise control as an optional feature on the 790 Adventure.
KTM is currently has its handsful with the expected launch of two new motorcycles: 790 Duke and the 390 Adventure. The KTM 790 Duke is expected to launch in April this year, with bookings set to begin soon.
The KTM 390 Adventure, on the other hand, will be introduced a little later. The entry-level adventure-tourer offering from KTM is still undergoing testing and has been spotted on multiple occasions.
Thoughts On The KTM 790 Adventure In India
KTM has an aggressive sales strategy planned for 2019. The company is planning to expand its presence in the Indian market, with three possible launches this year alone. The KTM 790 Adventure is the latest to join the product lineup planned for India. Once launched, the KTM 790 Adventure will rival the likes of the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT, Kawasaki Versys 650, Triumph Tiger 800 XR, Ducati Multistrada 950 and the BMW F 850 GS in the Indian market.