- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
KTM is said to be launching the 790 Adventure and Adventure R offerings in the Indian market. Both variants of the KTM 790 Adventure is expected to go on sale this year, sometime around the festive season.
According to Overdrive, the KTM 790 Adventure will follow the introduction of the 790 Duke, which is expected to go on sale in April. The adventure-tourer offering from KTM will borrow certain parts and components from the upcoming 790 Duke as well. Similar to the 790 Duke, the ADV offering will also be imported into India via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and assembled in KTM's plant in Chakan.
It will carry forward the same 799cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine from its naked streetfighter sibling. The engine produces 95bhp and 88Nm of torque and will be mated to a six-speed gearbox unit.
The suspension unit on the KTM 790 Adventure will be sourced from WP and will feature upside down forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Both suspension systems are said to offer 200mm of travel.
Internationally, the KTM 790 Adventure comes with a number of features including switchable cornering ABS, off-road ABS and traction control among other touring specific accessories and equipment. KTM also offers cruise control as an optional feature on the 790 Adventure.
KTM is currently has its handsful with the expected launch of two new motorcycles: 790 Duke and the 390 Adventure. The KTM 790 Duke is expected to launch in April this year, with bookings set to begin soon.
The KTM 390 Adventure, on the other hand, will be introduced a little later. The entry-level adventure-tourer offering from KTM is still undergoing testing and has been spotted on multiple occasions.
Thoughts On The KTM 790 Adventure In India
KTM has an aggressive sales strategy planned for 2019. The company is planning to expand its presence in the Indian market, with three possible launches this year alone. The KTM 790 Adventure is the latest to join the product lineup planned for India. Once launched, the KTM 790 Adventure will rival the likes of the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT, Kawasaki Versys 650, Triumph Tiger 800 XR, Ducati Multistrada 950 and the BMW F 850 GS in the Indian market.