- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Jawa Motorcycles is prepping to celebrate its first anniversary in the country and the company has announce that they plan to launch three new motorcycles over the next 18 months. Classic Legends launched the Jawa brand in India on 15 November 2018.
Mr Ashish Joshi, CEO, Classic Legends, said that the company plans to launch three new Jawa motorcycles and the motorcycles will arrive with different engine specifications in order to cater to a wider class of buyers.
The new motorcycles will be launched over a period of 18 months and Mr Joshi said that more information would be revealed on 15 November 2019, on the one year anniversary of Jawa's presence in the country.
The company showcased the Jawa Perak last year and has pushed the launch to July, then September and finally to the end to 2019. One of the three motorcycles is definitely the Perak. The motorcycle is powered by a 334cc single-cylinder engine that produces 30bhp of power and 31Nm of torque.
The company had released a bunch of sketches before its launch in India. Two of the many sketches showed a scrambler styled and an off-road bias motorcycles. There is a high possibility that these could be the other two motorcycles Jawa plans to launch.
Outside of the official sketches, the company roped in Autologue Design to build and showcase a scrambler concept during July this year. The motorcycle was displayed at the Jawa Day in Bangalore.
In other Jawa related news, the company has increased production at their manufacturing facility and this has resulted in waiting periods being reduced to roughly between three and six months (depending on the city) as compared to the 11 month waiting period.
Jawa currently retails two models in India — the Jawa 300 and the Jawa 42. Both motorcycles are powered by a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The Jawa 300 and the Jawa 42 are priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh respectively (ex-showroom, India).
In other related news, Red Rooster Performance, a Bangalore based aftermarket manufacturer has just launched two exhaust systems for the Jawa 300 and the Jawa 42. Priced at Rs 16,490 and Rs 16,990, the aftermarket exhaust systems increase performance values by less than 1bhp.
Thoughts About The New Motorcycles Being Launched By Jawa
Jawa Motorcycles seems to working hard to regain that trust it had lost with a string of issues that included rust, delayed deliveries, and a faulty delivery estimator. The company has increased production, and are making timely deliveries. What effect three new motorcycles will have on delivery timelines and quality of motorcycles is yet to be seen. Either way, we wish them all the best.