- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 12 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Karnataka floor test LIVE: Hit by resignations, will HDK be able to hold on to CM's chair?
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Jawa's first set of motorcycles to roll out of the factory, are set to be auctioned at an event. Jawa Motorcycles made this statement over twitter-" Before the first #JawaDeliveries start, we pay our respect to those who put India first. We will be auctioning #JawaMotorcycles at an event in the hope to generate a contribution for the education of children of the #ArmedForces martyrs. Watch this space for more updates."
Jawa Motorcycles has not confirmed what models will be at the auction. There is speculation that the motorcycles at the auction may be Special Editions. Jawa were scheduled to begin deliveries of their motorcycles in March, but will start deliveries after the auction. The winners at the auction would most likely become the first owners of the new motorcycles.
Jawa's new line of motorcycles feature the Jawa (Jawa Classic) and the Jawa 42. The Jawa Classic sports a retro design with dual exhausts, a bulbous fuel tank sporting the Jawa logo, and a retro headlamp cowl- true to the old Jawa motorcycles. The motorcycle is available in Black, Maroon, and Grey.
The Jawa 42 is more contemporary, and gets design changes including a single pod instrument cluster, and changes in placement of handlebars and headlamps. The motorcycle is available in multiple colour options-Hally's Teal, Galactic Green, Starlight Blue, Lumos Lime, Nebula Blue, and Comet Red.
Both, the Jawa and the Jawa 42are powered by a 293cc single cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. These engines draw 27.3PS of power and 28Nm torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
A third motorcycle called the Jawa Perek is scheduled for a launch during the fourth quarter of 2019. It is designed as a bobber with a single seat, long wheel base, and chrome headlights. The new Jawa Perek draws inspiration from the original Jawa Perek 250.
Booking for Jawa Motorcycles opened in November2018 and had to be closed in a month because of high demand. All motorcycles rolling out of the factory until September 2019 stand booked. Jawa said that depending on demand, production will be adjusted during their second year of manufacturing.
What We Think Of The Auction
While the idea and thought behind it is good, it appears to be just a marketing gimmick. Any manufacturer really wanting to do "greater good" usually does it quietly. And, congratulations to the first owners of the Jawa Motorcycles. We hope Jawa adds a few goodies!