- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Jawa Motorcycles made an official re-entry into India last year. Jawa started online books of the motorcycle and then had to close bookings thanks to an overwhelming response. While deliveries started in March, the backlog Jawa has in will take months to neutralize.
During an interview with Times Drive, the co-founder of Jawa India, Mr. Anupam Thareja said that the current backlog would only be clear by September. Slow production the motorcycle has resulted in slow deliveries but Jawa is planning to ramping up it's production and increase capacity of it's assembly line. Jawa has 5 months to achieve it's delivery targets that are currently by the thousands.
The online bookings for Jawa motorcycles remains closed, and may reopen once Jawa has delivered the initial lot of machines. Customers who want to make bookings have to visit a dealer to do so. There are about 100 dealers across the country and Jawa is planning to add more dealers to the network. Jawa dealerships also offer test rides to customers.
The first lot of motorcycle Jawa delivers will feature single channel ABS only. Jawa upgraded its fleet with dual channel ABS after demand from buyers. The motorcycles featuring dual channel ABS are likely to be delivered from July.
Jawa delivered a sorry 255 units last month which contradicts the booking numbers. Although Jawa has not revealed the number of motorcycles that have been booked, it is expected to be in the thousands. That could possibly be reason for a backlog.
Jawa currently offers two motorcycles in the Indian market - the Jawa and the Jawa 42. Both motorcycles feature the same 293cc single cylinder air-cooled engine that produces 27bho pf power and 28Nm of torque. Both motorcycles also feature a disc brake in the front and drum brakes at the rear. Single channel ABS is standard but the manufacturer also offers the option of a rear disc brake with dual-channel ABS.
The Jawa single-channel ABS is priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and the dual-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.73 lakh. The Jawa 42 is priced at Rs 1.55 lakh and Rs 1.64 lakh for single-channel and dual-channel ABS respectively.
Thoughts About Jawa Completing Delivery Backlogs By September
There are too many unknowns here. There is no official information about the total number of bookings. Deliveries last month stood at 255 units. And Jawa says they need till September to clear the backlog. We have no idea what is going on but hope that those who have maid online bookings have the strength to wait out whatever delivery timeline Jawa fixes. Time to say a small prayer.