- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 21 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News After election debacle in Bihar, Lalu Yadav skipping lunch due to anxiety
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles made an official re-entry into India last year. Jawa started online books of the motorcycle and then had to close bookings thanks to an overwhelming response. While deliveries started in March, the backlog Jawa has in will take months to neutralize.
During an interview with Times Drive, the co-founder of Jawa India, Mr. Anupam Thareja said that the current backlog would only be clear by September. Slow production the motorcycle has resulted in slow deliveries but Jawa is planning to ramping up it's production and increase capacity of it's assembly line. Jawa has 5 months to achieve it's delivery targets that are currently by the thousands.
The online bookings for Jawa motorcycles remains closed, and may reopen once Jawa has delivered the initial lot of machines. Customers who want to make bookings have to visit a dealer to do so. There are about 100 dealers across the country and Jawa is planning to add more dealers to the network. Jawa dealerships also offer test rides to customers.
The first lot of motorcycle Jawa delivers will feature single channel ABS only. Jawa upgraded its fleet with dual channel ABS after demand from buyers. The motorcycles featuring dual channel ABS are likely to be delivered from July.
Jawa delivered a sorry 255 units last month which contradicts the booking numbers. Although Jawa has not revealed the number of motorcycles that have been booked, it is expected to be in the thousands. That could possibly be reason for a backlog.
Jawa currently offers two motorcycles in the Indian market - the Jawa and the Jawa 42. Both motorcycles feature the same 293cc single cylinder air-cooled engine that produces 27bho pf power and 28Nm of torque. Both motorcycles also feature a disc brake in the front and drum brakes at the rear. Single channel ABS is standard but the manufacturer also offers the option of a rear disc brake with dual-channel ABS.
The Jawa single-channel ABS is priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and the dual-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.73 lakh. The Jawa 42 is priced at Rs 1.55 lakh and Rs 1.64 lakh for single-channel and dual-channel ABS respectively.
Thoughts About Jawa Completing Delivery Backlogs By September
There are too many unknowns here. There is no official information about the total number of bookings. Deliveries last month stood at 255 units. And Jawa says they need till September to clear the backlog. We have no idea what is going on but hope that those who have maid online bookings have the strength to wait out whatever delivery timeline Jawa fixes. Time to say a small prayer.