- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Classic Legends has launched the Jawa Anniversary Edition in order to celebrate 90 years of Jawa's first motorcycle that was launched, the Jawa 500 OHV. The 500 OHV was launched back on 23 October 1929.
Classic Legends is manufacturing only 90 of these Anniversary Editions and the beauty of a bike will not carry a waiting period like the Jawa 300 and the Jawa 42. To ensure a fair chance of owning this motorcycle, the company will announce new owners via a lucky draw, but there is a catch.
Only existing Jawa owners, customers with a booking number, and new customers who book motorcycles before 22 October will be eligible for this delivery via lucky draw scheme.
The all new Anniversary Edition is a beautifully crafted motorcycle and features several changes like the deep red and cream retro coloured theme, black seats, and special edition sticker on fuel tank. Dual-channel ABS will be offered as standard with anniversary edition Jawa. To know more about the Jawa Anniversary Edition, click here.
There are no other changes made to the motorcycle. Like the Jawa 300 and the Jawa 42, the Anniversary Edition will continue to be powered by the same 293cc, single cylinder, air cooled engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The all new and limited Anniversary Edition Jawa will be showcased at dealerships from 15 October. The motorcycle does not carry a premium and is priced at Rs 1.73 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
While the lucky draw system creates an opportunity to receive a motorcycle immediately, many remain unhappy with this offer. Some are of the opinion that the company should concentrate on meeting delivery deadlines instead of instead of launching special editions.
The Jawa 500 OHV was the first mass production motorcycle by the company. 1016 units were produced between 1929 and 1933. The motorcycle, also called The Winch, featured a four-stroke, air-cooled, two-valve, 499cc engine that produced 18bhp of power.
The Jawa OHV also featured a three-speed gearbox, a trailing link front fork, a rigid rear end, and a fire-engine red paint scheme that became a signature colour for the company. The motorcycle made its debut at the Prague Motor and Motorcycle Show in 1929.
Thoughts About The Anniversary Edition
We think the motorcycle looks absolutely gorgeous and does some justice to the first ever Jawa launched. However, we think this whole lucky draw style of delivery is just a gimmick to attract more customers and to increase booking numbers.
The company could have reduced their delayed delivery list by 90 units but choose to launch an Anniversary Edition instead. They could have waited another 10 years and launched a100-year Anniversary Edition, powered by a 500cc engine to pay tribute to the Jawa OHV. Classic Legends seems to be in their own trip.