- 11 hrs ago Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- 12 hrs ago India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- News Flying Sikh Milkha Singh dies of COVID-19 related complications
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Super Dancer 4 & Imlie Swap Places; Star Plus Retains Top Spot
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Nation mourns the death of sprint legend
- Technology Fathers Day Gift Ideas Best Premium Smartphones To Gift Your Father
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: Effective Yoga Poses For Cold And Flu
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Jawa Motorcycles have launched the anniversary edition models of the Jawa in the Indian market. The new Jawa anniversary edition model celebrates 90 years of the Czech brand. The new Jawa special anniversary model is priced at Rs 1.73 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The anniversary edition will be limited to just 90 units. It will come with a number of special decals, updated livery and a new paint scheme. The special decals and paint scheme pay homage to the first Jawa motorcycle from the brand introduced back in 1929 - Jawa 500 OHV.
The Jawa anniversary edition model will feature the same livery as the first motorcycle from the brand. This includes the same red and ivory paint scheme, along with the pin-striping on the fuel tank.
The motorcycle will also come with contrasting chrome exhaust pipes and engine. The anniversary edition of the Jawa motorcycle will also feature a commemorative emblem on the fuel tank, along with the unique serial number.
Apart from all the above-mentioned cosmetic updates, no other mechanical changes will be offered on the anniversary edition model. The motorcycle will continue to be powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 26bhp and 28Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension will also be handled by the same telescopic forks up front and the dual shock-absorbers at the rear. Braking will be through disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The limited-edition Jawa model will be available at dealerships from October 15th. Customers who have already booked a Jawa motorcycle are eligible for opting for the anniversary edition. Other interested customers will need to book the motorcycle before October 22nd.
Jawa Motorcycles will select 90 customers via a lucky draw, who will receive the anniversary edition models immediately. Deliveries of the Jawa anniversary edition model is expected to take place from November.
Jawa re-entered the Indian market back in November last year. The company introduced two offerings: Jawa and Jawa 42. Both motorcycles received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, resulting in very high waiting periods of almost 9 to 10 months.
The company is currently working on introducing three new models in the Indian market; this includes the Perak bobber model showcased alongside the launch, last November — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Jawa Anniversary Edition Model Launched In India
The Jawa anniversary edition model pays homage to 90 years of the brand's existence. Jawa was first introduced back in 1929 in Czechoslovakia by Frantisek Janecek.
The first model was the Jawa 500 OHV, which has inspired the new anniversary edition model. Jawa Motorcycles rival the likes of the Royal Enfield 350 models in the Indian market.