- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Jawa Motorcycles have launched the anniversary edition models of the Jawa in the Indian market. The new Jawa anniversary edition model celebrates 90 years of the Czech brand. The new Jawa special anniversary model is priced at Rs 1.73 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The anniversary edition will be limited to just 90 units. It will come with a number of special decals, updated livery and a new paint scheme. The special decals and paint scheme pay homage to the first Jawa motorcycle from the brand introduced back in 1929 - Jawa 500 OHV.
The Jawa anniversary edition model will feature the same livery as the first motorcycle from the brand. This includes the same red and ivory paint scheme, along with the pin-striping on the fuel tank.
The motorcycle will also come with contrasting chrome exhaust pipes and engine. The anniversary edition of the Jawa motorcycle will also feature a commemorative emblem on the fuel tank, along with the unique serial number.
Apart from all the above-mentioned cosmetic updates, no other mechanical changes will be offered on the anniversary edition model. The motorcycle will continue to be powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 26bhp and 28Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension will also be handled by the same telescopic forks up front and the dual shock-absorbers at the rear. Braking will be through disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The limited-edition Jawa model will be available at dealerships from October 15th. Customers who have already booked a Jawa motorcycle are eligible for opting for the anniversary edition. Other interested customers will need to book the motorcycle before October 22nd.
Jawa Motorcycles will select 90 customers via a lucky draw, who will receive the anniversary edition models immediately. Deliveries of the Jawa anniversary edition model is expected to take place from November.
Jawa re-entered the Indian market back in November last year. The company introduced two offerings: Jawa and Jawa 42. Both motorcycles received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, resulting in very high waiting periods of almost 9 to 10 months.
The company is currently working on introducing three new models in the Indian market; this includes the Perak bobber model showcased alongside the launch, last November — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Jawa Anniversary Edition Model Launched In India
The Jawa anniversary edition model pays homage to 90 years of the brand's existence. Jawa was first introduced back in 1929 in Czechoslovakia by Frantisek Janecek.
The first model was the Jawa 500 OHV, which has inspired the new anniversary edition model. Jawa Motorcycles rival the likes of the Royal Enfield 350 models in the Indian market.