- 4 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Sports Competition in Test cricket is up two-folds, says Kohli
- News CBI team visits Chidambaram’s residence after HC rejects anticipatory bail plea
- Technology Dish TV Introduces D2h Magic Streaming Device With Live TV, OTT Apps Support At Rs. 399
- Movies Ajith Kumar Overtakes Rajinikanth And Vijay To Become The First Tamil Actor To Achieve This Record!
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra owned Classic Legends has finally started delivering dual-channel ABS variants of Jawa motorcycles. The first motorcycle, a Jawa 42 model, has been delivered to a customer in Pune.
Classic Legends launched Jawa motorcycles in India in November last year. They was a lot of hype around Jawa making a comeback in the country. Bookings started at launch but deliveries started only in March this year.
Jawa motorcycles that were delivered from March this year were single-channel ABS variants. Deliveries of dual-channel ABS variants had been pushed to a later date and Classic Legends have come through. Anupam Thareja had confirmed deliveries would begin soon in a reply to a customer over social media.
Classic Legends has established over 100 dealerships across the country and the company has been overwhelmed with the number of booking they received. The waiting period for a Jawa motorcycle currently stands between six and nine months. Classic Legends says the delay has happened because of vendors.
The motorcycle manufacturer has started deliveries in batches, and in order of the booking sequence. Classic Legends is trying to increase production capacity and hopes to meets delivery deadlines on time.
Both the Jawa Standard and the Jawa Forty Two are powered by a 293cc single-cylinder engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission.
Dual-channel ABS variants of the Jawa Standard and Forty Two are priced at Rs 1.72 lakh and Rs 1.63 lakh (ex-showroom, India), respectively. Single-channel ABS variants are available for about Rs 9,000 cheaper.
Thoughts About Jawa Beginning Deliveries Of Dual-Channel ABS Motorcycles
Folk who booked these motorcycles must be relieved, we think. Classic Legends has taken way too much time to start with deliveries. The idea of bringing the Jawa back to India was to capture some of Royal Enfield's 350 market. We're sure Classic Legends has lost some momentum and they will have to work really hard to make up for lost time, and trust. We hope they're able to meet delivery deadlines, not just for customers but also in terms of spares and after sales services.