- 3 hrs ago Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Hyundai Registers 12,583 Units Of Sales After Resuming Operations
- 6 hrs ago MOTOFARM Dirt Track Facility Opens In Bangalore: New Course For Some Slideways Action
- 8 hrs ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Movies Chahatt Khanna On COVID-19 Lockdown: ‘It Has Done Beautiful Things To Me & My Mental Health’
- Sports Sports broadcaster apologizes for using image of Hitler
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Lifestyle Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Jawa Motorcycles marked its comeback back on November 15, 2018, by introducing two new models in India: 'Jawa' and Jawa 42; priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. The Czech-origin brand owned by Mahindra group also unveiled the Jawa Perak bobber motorcycle at the event. It will be launched at a later stage at Rs 1.89 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Bookings were already started a few months ago for an amount of Rs 5000. Bookings can be made on the brand's official website or in any of the numerous Jawa dealerships being set up across the country. The very first Jawa dealership opened in Baner, Pune — know how to buy a new Jawa motorcycle (along with the dealership location).
Jawa Motorcycles India have also revealed that both their products made at their existing facility are sold out till September 2019. However, bookings are still open across all dealerships and deliveries are expected to start at least by the end of this month on a first-come-first-serve basis.
As mentioned before, the company has introduced three new motorcycles in the country. All three of them are essentially classic or retro motorcycles with their own individual character. Many are confused as to which is the best choice to make. If you are also left with the same confusion, you should definitely check out our brief Jawa vs Jawa 42 vs Jawa Perak comparison.
Regarding specifications, the 'Jawa' and Jawa 42 are powered by a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine making 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. The power plant is mated to a six-speed transmission.
On the other hand, the Jawa Perak bobber sports a bigger 334cc engine that makes close to 30bhp and 31Nm of torque. The transmission will be the same six-speed unit.
The motorcycles are equipped with all the basic features you would expect at the respective price points, including dual-channel ABS.
Thoughts On The New Jawa Motorcycles
There is still no clarity as to when deliveries of the new Jawa motorcycles will begin. The anticipation for the modern iterations of the iconic 'Jawa bikes' from the late-20th-century Indian motorcycle scene is nothing short of huge. For the same reason, we expect the brand to start deliveries as soon as possible since enough dealerships have already been set up.