- 21 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Karnataka rebel Roshan Baig hails PM Modi's 'minorities' remark
- Sports Indian badminton chief Himanta elected as BAC vice-president
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Indian Motorcycle will be launching two new models based on the FTR 1200. The Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200 was revealed last year and was launched in the Indian market in December 2018.
According to media reports, Indian Motorcycle has been working on two new models based on the FTR 1200 and these two new models will be launched within the next couple of years. The Indian FTR 1200 is a motorcycle that was a radical development for a company like Indian Motorcycles.
Indian is known for its cruisers, but the FTR 1200 is nowhere close to a cruiser in any aspect. The Indian FTR 1200 is a flat-track inspired motorcycle that has been derived from the Indian FTR 750 racer that has been dominating American flat-track championships.
However, the Indian FTR 1200 was not just a standalone motorcycle. Indian is using the platform of the flat-track motorcycle to develop two more new models. Data from a presentation has been shared by MotorbikeWriter and the slide actually reveals that Indian Motorcycles is on the verge of launching four new motorcycles.
The Indian FTR 1200 currently on sale was codenamed Apollo. Hence, under the Apollo column, we see the first model that is codenamed the Apollo Tracker ( FTR 1200. Up next though, we see the 'Street' model and then comes the Adventure.
The MY 2019 Apollo Tracker was launched in 2018 as the FTR 1200 in two variants — FTR 1200S and FTR 1200S Race Replica. Up next is the MY 2020 Street, and this model can be expected to reach showroom floors in 2019.
The street could probably be named FTR 1200 Sport when it is put on sale later this year. It will be a sportier version of the FTR 1200 and will in all probability come with grippier street tyres. According to the leaked slide, the Indian FTR 1200 Adventure will be up next. It is a MY 2021 model and hence is expected to be launched in 2020. It could be named the FTR 1200 Rally and will come in full off-road spec.
According to the slide, the two new models from the Indian stable are the Indian Scout Miniball and a cruiser which is codenamed Raptor. The Indian FTR 1200 is the first streetfighter motorcycle from the company. It is powered by a 1,203cc V-twin engine with a maximum power output of 120bhp and a peak torque output of 115Nm. A six-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch drives the rear wheel.
It features three riding modes — Standard, Sport and Rain. Some other features of the motorcycle include cruise control, traction control, wheelie control and a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). The same engine and riding aids will also be powering the two upcoming models from Indian Motorcycles. Some other features like the 4.3-inch touchscreen instrument cluster will also be found on the new models.
Thoughts On Indian FTR 1200 Spawning Two New Models
The Indian FTR 1200 is the most rebellious motorcycle the company has ever made. This is because Indian Motorcycles is all about big, bad cruisers. In a crowd of cruisers, the FTR 1200 stands out and is a more attractive option for young buyers, and young buyers are exactly what Indian motorcycles is trying to focus on.
With the two new models coming up, Indian Motorcycles' product line-up is set to become even more interesting.