- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Indian Motorcycles has launched their FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica in India. Both motorcycles come with a price tag of Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 15.49 lakh, respectively. Bookings for the new FTR 1200 has begun in India for an amount of Rs 2 lakh, with deliveries scheduled to begin from April 2019.
The FTR 1200 S draws its inspiration from the FTR 750 Scout Race, which has been dominating the American Flat-track series. The Race Replica, on the other hand, is essentially a cosmetic change. The FTR 1200 S Race Replica features a red trellis frame, while the S comes with a black frame.
The FTR 1200 is the first streetfighter product from the American motorcycle brand. It comes with a host of features and equipment. Some of the equipment on the FTR include a 4.3-inch LCD touchscreen instrument display, built-in Bluetooth and a USB fast-charging port.
Other features also include a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), traction control, wheelie control system, cruise control and three interchangeable riding modes (Standard, Sport & Rain).
The Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica come powered by a 1,203cc V-Twin engine. It produces 120bhp and 115Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with a slipper-clutch as standard.
The FTR 1200 rides on Dunlop DT3-R radial tyres with 120/70 R19 and 150/80 R18 profiles at the front and rear, respectively. The suspension duties are handled by 43mm inverted telescopic forks at the front and a fully-adjustable Piggyback IFP suspension setup at the rear.
Braking on the FTR 1200 is through dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear. The brakes are further supported by dual-channel ABS, which can be switched on/off. The motorcycles also come with lean angle sensitive ABS system.
Thoughts On The Indian FTR 1200 S & FTR 1200 S Race Replica
The Indian FTR 1200 S and Race Replica are one of the first streetfighter product offerings from the brand. The two motorcycles have no direct rivals in the marketbut are priced similar to other litre-class offerings in the country.