- 3 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Sports India tour of West Indies: Krunal Pandya wants to be consistent like captain Virat Kohli in Windies
- Movies B-Town Rejoices Successful Launch Of Chandrayaan 2; Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar Congratulate ISRO
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- News Not one girl born in 16 villages in six months in Uttarkashi; CM orders probe
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Honda has upgraded the its Dream Yuga and Livo commuter motorcycles with CBS (Combined-Braking System). We recently reported about the Honda CD 110 Dream receiving the feature update, and now it's the turn of the other two motorcycles to be upgraded, completing Honda's 110cc motorcycle line-up.
With just over two weeks to go for the implementation of the new safety norms for Indian motorcycles, Honda has updated all its 110cc products. According to the new safety regulations, all motorcycles with an engine capacity of up to 125cc will have to be equipped with CBS while those with an engine capacity above 125cc will have to be equipped with ABS.
In accordance with the new regulations, two-wheeler manufacturers have all been upgrading their products with the necessary changes. Along with other manufacturers, Honda too had earlier upgraded quite a few of its products.
The Honda Livo and Honda Dream Yuga are powered by the same engine — an air-cooled, 109cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 8.4bhp and a peak torque output of 9.09Nm. A 4-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
The frame and mechanicals too are shared by both motorcycles. They are based on a diamond frame and suspended by twin spring-loaded hydraulic shocks at the rear and a telescopic fork up front.
The Honda Dream Yuga CBS uses drum brakes on both ends and is priced at Rs 54,847, Rs 600 more than the outgoing non-CBS model. The drum-brake equipped Honda Livo CBS is priced at Rs 57,539 while the disc brake-equipped CBS variant is priced at Rs 59,950.
Thoughts On Honda Dream Yuga & Livo Launched With CBS
The new safety regulations were decided upon after the government discovered that over 33 percent of road accident fatalities were two-wheeler riders. With the new safety regulations in place, our roads are expected to become much safer for two-wheeler riders since the bikes wouldn't lose control as easily. All two-wheelers without CBS or ABS would be discontinued after April 01, 2019.