- 7 hrs ago Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Launching In India On 18 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 9 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Facelift Models Launching In India On 3 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire MPV Launching In India On 26 February: Details And Expected Price
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Movies Aishwarya Lekshmi Is Kochi Times Most Desirable Woman Of 2019
- Sports I-League: Preview: Chennai, Aizawl face-off in a bid to move up the league table
- Lifestyle Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Hero MotoCorp has showcased a Rally Kit for the XPulse 200 at the ongoing EICMA 2019 Motorcycle Show. The rally kit can be opted for on new XPulse 200 motorcycles and existing customers too can retrofit it on their motorcycles.
The rally kit for the XPulse 200 is designed to increase the motorcycle's appeal to rally enthusiasts and participants. It improves the off-road ability of the XPulse 200 by a large margin. According to Hero MotoCorp, it will be the perfect motorcycle to start a rallying career on.
Hero MotoCorp launched the XPulse 200 in May 2019, targeted at entry-level off-road motorcycle buyers. It sure did capture the market thanks to its affordable price tag. Hero MotoCorp though didn't stop at that.
The manufacturer has now developed a rally kit for the motorcycle with inputs from Hero MotoSports Team Rally. This is the very team that has been winning accolades in various international rallies across the world.
The team also participates in the Dakar Rally, which is the toughest motorsport event in the world. Well, these guys certainly know the rallying game and the result is seen in the XPulse 200 Rally Kit. The rally kit consists of several improvements. All of the changes are functional and a few are also aesthetic.
Right off the bat, one can see that the motorcycle is now really tall. It now features long travel suspension at the front and rear. This has increased the ground clearance which now stands at 275mm which is 55mm more than the stock motorcycle. The telescopic fork up front is now complete with dust protection boots. This is proper rally-spec.
The motorcycle rides on the same spoke wheels but they are now shod with knobby tyres from Maxxis. The stock seat has made way for a rally-oriented seat that allows the rider to move and shift his/her weight easily.
The footrests have made way for off-road ones and the gear lever is extended to allow off-road boots to move easily. The rally kit also comes with handlebar risers for rally-style handling. To improve off-road performance, the rally kit comes with a 12/40T front/rear sprocket setup.
This should allow for quicker acceleration and the motorcycle will now go through the gears quicker. It even comes with a rally-spec drive chain tensioner. The motorcycle displayed at EICMA 2019 with the rally kit is equipped with an Akrapovic exhaust system. Unfortunately, this exhaust system is not part of the rally kit.
The rally kit also modifies the rear end of the motorcycle, giving it a shorter mudguard. Indicators at the front and rear, along with the number plate mounts have been removed, hence making the bike illegal to ride on public roads. The rally kit is said to cost Rs 50,000, again excluding the exhaust system.
The motorcycle continues to be powered by the same 199.6cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 18.4bhp and a peak torque output of 17.1Nm.
Thoughts On Hero XPulse 200 Rally Kit Being Showcased At EICMA 2019
For motorcycle enthusiasts, EICMA is one of the most awaited events every year. It always brings some exciting motorcycle-related stuff to the table and the rally kit for the Hero XPulse 200 is an example. The motorcycle in stock form is decently capable off the road. With this rally kit though, its capabilities have been improved significantly.