- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 1 hr ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Harley-Davidson has finally revealed the specifications of their production-spec electric motorcycle, the Livewire. The Harley-Davidson Livewire was first showcased at the 2018 EICMA and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) earlier this year.
The American motorcycle brand even announced the start of pre-bookings for the electric motorcycle at the CES 2019. The company is planning to launch a range of electric motorcycles in the coming years, with the Livewire being the first. The electric motorcycle is said to go on sale in the US market sometime in early 2020.
Prices for the Harley-Davidson Livewire have already been revealed for the US market. The electric motorcycle is priced at $29,799 USD (equivalent to Rs 20.4 lakh), excluding taxes.
Coming to the specifications of the Harley-Davidson Livewire, the electric motorcycle is said to be powered by a 15.5kWh battery pack. This is said to produce an impressive 103bhp and 116Nm of torque. Harley-Davidson also claims a total range of 235km on a single charge while 0 - 100km/h comes up in 3.5 seconds.
Harley-Davidson will also offer the Livewire with a Level-3 DC fast-charging system. This will be able to charge the motorcycle from 0 to 80 per cent in 40 minutes and 0 to 100 per cent in 60 minutes.
In case the fast-charging system is unavailable, Harley-Davidson will also provide a Level-1 DC charger below the seat, which will complete a full charge in 10 - 11 hours. The battery pack will be placed in the same location as the conventional IC engine. The batteries can be charged through the ‘fake fuel-filler cap', which doubles up as the electrical socket.
The Harley-Davidson Livewire comes with fully-adjustable front and rear suspension from Showa. The motorcycle will ride on 17-inch Michelin Scorcher wheels at both ends; with 120/70 and 180/55 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively. The motorcycle is driven by a belt-drive system, while the braking is handled by large discs at either end from Brembo.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson Livewire Specifications
The Harley-Davidson Livewire is the first of many electric motorcycles planned by the American brand. The motorcycle will go on sale in the US in 2020, followed by a number of other international markets. However, the Livewire is unlikely to arrive at Indian shores at any point soon.