- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Harley-Davidson Livewire prices have been revealed for the US market. The Livewire is the first electric cruiser from Harley-Davidson and will go on sale in the US market later this year.
The American motorcycle brand made the price announcement at the ongoing CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2019 in Las Vegas. The Harley-Davidson Livewire is priced at USD 29,799 (equivalent to Rs 21 lakh, exclusive of taxes) in the US.
The production version of the Livewire electric cruiser was first showcased at the 2018 EICMA. Harley-Davidson although is yet to announce the global market where the Livewire would go on sale. Also, the electric motorcycle is unlikely to make its way into the Indian market.
The motorcycle manufacturer is yet to confirm the details of the battery pack on the Livewire. However, Harley-Davidson has stated that the Livewire will use an new electric 'Revelation' drivetrain.
The battery pack on the Livewire will be placed in the same location as the conventional IC engine. It is further attached to cooling fins and an electric propellor at the bottom. Above the battery pack, is the 'fake fuel tank' which covers the system used to recharge the batteries, where the 'fake fuel filler cap' doubles up as the socket for the electrical outlet.
The Livewire further comes with telescopic front forks and a fully-adjustable Showa monoshock at the rear. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch Michelin Scorcher tyres at both the front and rear, with 120/70-R17 and 180/55-R17 profiles, respectively. Braking on the Livewire is further handled by 4-piston double-caliper Brembo brakes and the motorcycle is driven by a belt-drive system.
Harley-Davidson has announced that the electric cruiser will come with a total range of 177 kilometres on a single charge and will sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.5 seconds.
In terms of features, the Harley-Davidson Livewire comes with a large touchscreen LCD display for the instrument cluster. The LCD display can further be connected to the smartphone through the H-D Connect. Apart from this, the Livewire also features a number of safety and rider assist features as well.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson Livewire Prices
Being an electric vehicle, the Livewire will not have an exhaust note, however, Harley-Davidson has stated that the Livewire will come with "a new signature sound as it accelerates and gains speed." At the moment, there is no news of the Harley-Davidson Livewire entering the Indian market.