- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
GoZero electric bicycles have been been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 29,999. GoZero is a UK-based electric bicycle manufacturer that has just launched two products in the Indian market — GoZero Mile and GoZero One at a price of Rs 29,999 and Rs 32,999 respectively.
The electric two wheeler market in India is growing, with more and more manufacturers getting into the fray and developing electric scooters and motorcycles. However, the electric bicycle market is still in its initial stages of development with very few players involved in it.
This was the perfect time for companies like GoZero to enter the Indian market and they have done so. GoZero will be producing the electric bicycles locally for its Indian customers through its manufacturing partner Kirti Solar, a Kolkata-based company. GoZero products look like perfectly normal bicycles at first glance.
It is only after looking at the battery pack and the electric motor in the rear wheel's hub that one realises it is an electric bicycle. The GoZero Mile is a conventional street bicycle that is designed to be used for everyday urban commutes. The GoZero One on the other hand is a bicycle that can be used for leisure activities and off-road riding as well.
Visually, there are very hardly any differences between the two electric bicycles. The tyres on the GoZero One are wider and has a more off-road tread pattern. The One also comes with a different setting on the front suspension, again designed for off-roading. The major differences between the two models come in terms of powertrain.
The GoZero Mile is powered by a 300 Wh battery which gives it a range of around 45 kilometres while the GoZero One is powered by a 400 Wh battery, enabling it to have a range of 60 kilometres.
The GoZero Mile comes with three paddle assist modes while the One come with five such modes in which the rider can use the bicycle pedals to assist the electric motor. Common features on both models include disc brakes at the front and rear, and the display screen.
GoZero products come with swappable batteries and this allows the riders to unplug the battery from the bicycle, take it to offices, cafes or houses, plug it into a basic wall-socket and charge up from 0 to 100 percent in 2.5 hours. GoZero will be launching three more products within this year and it aims to touch a sales figure of 75,000 units annually, within the next five years.
Thoughts On GoZero Electric Bicycles Launched In India
The electric bicycle market in India hasn't really had a great start. However, it does have the best combination for a green and fit commute. Having pedals means, it allows one to be fit, while having the assistance of the electric motor means, that even a 60-kilometre commute wouldn't be tiring. GoZero aims to expand in the Indian market and we see lots of space for it to do so.