- 11 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 11 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 14 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News 17 ministers to be sworn into BSY led Karnataka govt: Full list here
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
We all remember the auction Jawa Motorcycles had earlier this year, yes? The event, organized by Mahindra owned Classic Legends saw an anonymous bidder buy the first production motorcycle, bearing chassis number 001, for Rs 45 lakh.
The event which was part of the #ForeverHeros Initiative, collected a total of Rs 1.43 crore via the auction. The money was handed over to the Indian Armed Forces with the intention of educating martyrs' children.
Now, we do not know if the owner of the ‘most expensive Jawa' has received delivery of his motorcycle or not, but we know the guy spent close to half a crore rupees! You see the thing is, Rs 45 lakh can buy one a lot of other motorcycles, some of the best in the world if you will. What follows is a list of motorcycles we think we would have bought for roughly the same monies.
Priced at Rs 50.53 lakh, this high-powered touring motorcycle features a 1,868cc twin-cooled Milwaukee-Eight 117 engine that produces 166Nm of max torque. The Harley-Davidson CVO Limited features keyless ignition, a touchscreen system, voice controls, a boom box system, Bluetooth connectivity, and heated grips. Legit long distance tourer!
The Indian Roadmaster Elite
This beast of a bike is priced at Rs 48 lakh. The Indian Roadmaster Elite is powered by an 1,811cc engine that produces 151Nm of max torque. The motorcycle features a 600-watt audio system, a hand-painted body, 24k gold leaf badging, genuine leather seats, Bluetooth connectivity, voice commands, weather-proof storage, all LED lighting, and a 7-inch touchscreen. Long distance tourer with oomph!
Priced at Rs 51.87 lakh, the Panigale V4 R is one of the fastest and most powerful road-legal bikes in the world. It features advanced aerodynamics, and an updated ECU. Based on Panigale V4, the motorcycle features a 998cc engine that produces 221bhp of power and 112Nm of torque. Only five units are available for sale in India. Born to fly!
The Kawasaki Ninja H2 Carbon
Priced at Rs 41.79 lakh, this 998cc supercharged Kawasaki Ninja H2 Carbon produces 227bhp of power and 142Nm of torque. The Ninja H2 Carbon registered a record breaking 337kmph at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The motorcycle features advanced self-healing paint that automatically fixes small scratches and abrasions. Crotch rocket!
Thoughts About What One Could Buy For The Rs 45 Lakh Spent On A Jawa
That 45 could have been spent somewhere else, huh? Don't get us wrong, we're happy some one gave that much money to the Indian Army (we all know they could really use a massive hike in pay), but seriously. With that kind of dough, this anonymous buyer could have any one of these motorcycles or even a stable of smaller performance machines. Well, too late!
*All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.