- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Chandrayaan 2 launched: ISRO now sets eye on mission to study the Sun
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
CF Moto has entered into a partnership with AMW Motorcycles for the assembly and distribution of CF Moto motorcycles in the Indian market. Just a couple of days after a CF Moto 650 NK was spotted testing in India, we now have news that the Chinese motorcycle manufacturer has tied up with AMW Motorcycles which is a Bangalore-based company.
In recent times, CF Moto motorcycles have been spotted quite frequently while testing in India and that led us to believe that the company's comeback in the Indian market would happen sooner than expected.
CF Moto is a Chinese company that develops and manufactures ATVs, side-by-sides and Motorcycles. CF Moto was founded in 1989 and claims to deliver the most cost-effective motorcycles in the world.
CF Moto's markets includes countries in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa. With India being one of the largest two-wheeler market in the world, the brand could not resist making its Indian debut.
It did make its Indian debut in 2016, but immediately fell back thanks to its local partner Eider motors. The chairman of Eider motors was arrested for alleged fraudulent activities and the company was wound up.
Three years later, CF Moto is back with an attempt to enter the Indian market once again and this time the Indian partner chosen by CF Moto is AMW motorcycles. It has to be noted here that AMW motorcycles is in no way related to AMW trucks.
AMW Motorcycles is a Bangalore-based company that was started only in September 2018. The company is currently testing CF Moto motorcycles which includes the 250 NK, 400 NK, 650 NK and 650 MT.
Alongside testing these motorcycles, AMW Motorcycles is putting in efforts towards setting up of an assembly line to piece together the CF Moto motorcycles that would be imported via the CKD route.
AMW Motorcycles has already set up its website - www.amwmotorcycles.com -with information about the various CF Moto products on sale across the globe. That includes ATVs and Side-by-Sides and yes, CF Moto will eventually bring its entire product range to the Indian market, but it will start with the four motorcycles that have already been spotted in India.
The 250 NK will be the entry level motorcycle in the CF Moto range. It will be powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, 250cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 26.5bhp and a peak torque output of 22Nm. It comes with a segment-first feature - Switchable Riding modes and it also has all-round LED lights, and TFT instrument cluster.
The CF Moto 400 NK shares almost all of its hardware with the 650 NK, but comes with a smaller, less-powerful engine. It is powered by a liquid-cooled, 400cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 41.4bhp and a peak torque output of 34.4Nm.
The CF Moto 650 NK is powered by a liquid-cooled, 649.3cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 60.34bhp and a peak torque output of 62Nm. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. CF Moto claims a top speed of 180km/h for the motorcycle.
The biggest, baddest one is the CF Moto 650 MT which is an adventure-tourer. It too uses the same 649.3cc parallel-twin engine but has been tuned to produce 70.7bhp and 62Nm. It comes with all the bells and whistles one would expect a premium adventure-tourer to and it weighs more as well.
Thoughts On CF Moto Partnership with AMW Motorcycles
Back in 2016, CF Moto launched the 650 NK in India at a starting price of Rs 3.37 lakh, inclusive of taxes. If that pricing is anything to go by, CF Moto would prove to be a tough contender in the Indian market, taking on rivals that are a segment above. CF Moto motorcycles will compete with those from KTM, Kawasaki, Benelli, Honda, Yamaha SWM, etc.