- 17 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
CF Moto has entered into a partnership with AMW Motorcycles for the assembly and distribution of CF Moto motorcycles in the Indian market. Just a couple of days after a CF Moto 650 NK was spotted testing in India, we now have news that the Chinese motorcycle manufacturer has tied up with AMW Motorcycles which is a Bangalore-based company.
In recent times, CF Moto motorcycles have been spotted quite frequently while testing in India and that led us to believe that the company's comeback in the Indian market would happen sooner than expected.
CF Moto is a Chinese company that develops and manufactures ATVs, side-by-sides and Motorcycles. CF Moto was founded in 1989 and claims to deliver the most cost-effective motorcycles in the world.
CF Moto's markets includes countries in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa. With India being one of the largest two-wheeler market in the world, the brand could not resist making its Indian debut.
It did make its Indian debut in 2016, but immediately fell back thanks to its local partner Eider motors. The chairman of Eider motors was arrested for alleged fraudulent activities and the company was wound up.
Three years later, CF Moto is back with an attempt to enter the Indian market once again and this time the Indian partner chosen by CF Moto is AMW motorcycles. It has to be noted here that AMW motorcycles is in no way related to AMW trucks.
AMW Motorcycles is a Bangalore-based company that was started only in September 2018. The company is currently testing CF Moto motorcycles which includes the 250 NK, 400 NK, 650 NK and 650 MT.
Alongside testing these motorcycles, AMW Motorcycles is putting in efforts towards setting up of an assembly line to piece together the CF Moto motorcycles that would be imported via the CKD route.
AMW Motorcycles has already set up its website - www.amwmotorcycles.com -with information about the various CF Moto products on sale across the globe. That includes ATVs and Side-by-Sides and yes, CF Moto will eventually bring its entire product range to the Indian market, but it will start with the four motorcycles that have already been spotted in India.
The 250 NK will be the entry level motorcycle in the CF Moto range. It will be powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, 250cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 26.5bhp and a peak torque output of 22Nm. It comes with a segment-first feature - Switchable Riding modes and it also has all-round LED lights, and TFT instrument cluster.
The CF Moto 400 NK shares almost all of its hardware with the 650 NK, but comes with a smaller, less-powerful engine. It is powered by a liquid-cooled, 400cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 41.4bhp and a peak torque output of 34.4Nm.
The CF Moto 650 NK is powered by a liquid-cooled, 649.3cc, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 60.34bhp and a peak torque output of 62Nm. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. CF Moto claims a top speed of 180km/h for the motorcycle.
The biggest, baddest one is the CF Moto 650 MT which is an adventure-tourer. It too uses the same 649.3cc parallel-twin engine but has been tuned to produce 70.7bhp and 62Nm. It comes with all the bells and whistles one would expect a premium adventure-tourer to and it weighs more as well.
Thoughts On CF Moto Partnership with AMW Motorcycles
Back in 2016, CF Moto launched the 650 NK in India at a starting price of Rs 3.37 lakh, inclusive of taxes. If that pricing is anything to go by, CF Moto would prove to be a tough contender in the Indian market, taking on rivals that are a segment above. CF Moto motorcycles will compete with those from KTM, Kawasaki, Benelli, Honda, Yamaha SWM, etc.