- 11 min ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 14 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- 16 hrs ago Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Finance Stocks That May Benefit Through Union Budget 2020 Recommendations
- News Heavy armed forces deployed in Odisha’s Malkangiri after villagers killed Maoist
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Movies When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Compared Rajinikanth To Her Father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Cameras To Launch On January 29 In India
- Sports Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal: Gunners set up Portsmouth 5th round FA Cup clash
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
BMW Motorrad F 850 RS patented in Brazil. The BMW F 850 RS is said to be based on the 9Cento (pronounced 'nuvo cento') concept motorcycle showcased last May.
BMW Motorrad has filed a patent at the National Institute of Industrial Property (INP) in Brazil, indicating a production-ready model in the pipeline. A leaked BMW Motorrad brochure also listed the new motorcycle as the F 850 RS, which was earlier expected to be named as the BMW F 850 GT.
As seen from the patent image, the motorcycle looks very similar to the concept design showcased at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este in Italy. The new motorcycle also borrows some of its design cues from the BMW S 1000 XR sports-tourer. The BMW F 850 RS is also expected to be a partly-faired sports-tourer offering from the German brand.
The BMW F 850 RS is expected to come with the same engine as seen on the current F 850 GS offering , although we can expect it to be tuned slightly differently. The engine on the BMW F 850 GS is an 853cc in-line twin-cylinder unit producing 95bhp at 8,250rpm and 90Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. It will be interesting to see how differently BMW Motorrad will tune the upcoming F 850 RS.
The patent images also show the use of alloy wheels, dual-purpose tyres, upside-down forks and a dual disc set up at the front, which further looks intended for sports-touring.
The BMW 850 RS will be the second motorcycle in the brand's lineup to feature the 'RS' nomenclature. The 'RS' stands for 'Reisesport'; translating to 'travel sport'. The other motorcycle in BMW's lineup is the R 1250 RS sold internationally.
Thoughts On The BMW F 850 RS Sports-Tourer
The BMW F 850 RS is based on the 9Cento motorcycle showcased last year. Although, currently there isn't much information regarding the new motorcycle, we do expect it to be showcased at the 2019 EICMA. The motorcycle could be launched in international markets sometime after its EICMA 2019 showcase, before heading to India sometime during the later part of 2020.
Source: Autocar India