- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
BMW Motorrad F 850 RS patented in Brazil. The BMW F 850 RS is said to be based on the 9Cento (pronounced 'nuvo cento') concept motorcycle showcased last May.
BMW Motorrad has filed a patent at the National Institute of Industrial Property (INP) in Brazil, indicating a production-ready model in the pipeline. A leaked BMW Motorrad brochure also listed the new motorcycle as the F 850 RS, which was earlier expected to be named as the BMW F 850 GT.
As seen from the patent image, the motorcycle looks very similar to the concept design showcased at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este in Italy. The new motorcycle also borrows some of its design cues from the BMW S 1000 XR sports-tourer. The BMW F 850 RS is also expected to be a partly-faired sports-tourer offering from the German brand.
The BMW F 850 RS is expected to come with the same engine as seen on the current F 850 GS offering , although we can expect it to be tuned slightly differently. The engine on the BMW F 850 GS is an 853cc in-line twin-cylinder unit producing 95bhp at 8,250rpm and 90Nm of torque at 6,500rpm. It will be interesting to see how differently BMW Motorrad will tune the upcoming F 850 RS.
The patent images also show the use of alloy wheels, dual-purpose tyres, upside-down forks and a dual disc set up at the front, which further looks intended for sports-touring.
The BMW 850 RS will be the second motorcycle in the brand's lineup to feature the 'RS' nomenclature. The 'RS' stands for 'Reisesport'; translating to 'travel sport'. The other motorcycle in BMW's lineup is the R 1250 RS sold internationally.
Thoughts On The BMW F 850 RS Sports-Tourer
The BMW F 850 RS is based on the 9Cento motorcycle showcased last year. Although, currently there isn't much information regarding the new motorcycle, we do expect it to be showcased at the 2019 EICMA. The motorcycle could be launched in international markets sometime after its EICMA 2019 showcase, before heading to India sometime during the later part of 2020.
Source: Autocar India