- 13 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 16 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Blacksmith B3 electric scooter has been unveiled. The electric scooter will be launched in 2020 according to reports. The Blacksmith B3 is based on the Blacksmith B2, which is an electric motorcycle that was revealed earlier this year.
Blacksmith is a Chennai-based electric vehicle company that has been operating since 2003. The company claims to have over 15 years of research on electric vehicle platforms. It also claims to have filed the patent for battery swapping way back in 2006.
There is no doubt then that Blacksmith is a reputed EV brand. However, the company is yet to launch an electric vehicle. Blacksmith revealed the B2 electric motorcycle on 01 July, 2019 and less than two months later, the company has now revealed the B3 electric scooter.
The B3 electric scooter is a retro-looking machine with cleverly-placed futuristic elements. The design does seem to have been inspired by a few Vespa models on sale in Europe. Up front is a clear windscreen. Just below it is the LED headlamp.
The turn signal indicators are placed below it on either side. The mudguard up front is yet another throwback to quite a few legendary scooters of the past. The rear is simple and neat, with an LED tail lamp and LED indicators.
The scooter certainly looks premium and comes with performance to match. It is powered by an electric motor with a continuous power output of 5kW (6.7bhp) and a peak power of 14.5kW (19.4bhp). Blacksmith claims the B3 can touch a top speed of 120km/h. However, we expect the speed to be limited through riding modes in the interest of having a decent range.
The battery capacity has not been revealed yet, but Blacksmith claims that it has a range of 120 kilometres on one fully charged battery. It comes with GPS, and traffic indicators to notify the rider of traffic on the sides of the scooter. Blacksmith is also offering the battery swap feature with the scooter.
Thoughts On Blacksmith B3 Electric Scooter Revealed Before 2020 Launch
Blacksmith has been in the EV industry for a long time with no vehicles to show for it until recently. Now though, it does appear that the years of research has paid off with the company revealing two new products in under two months. Reports have claimed that the B3 will go into production in 2020. We can't wait to see what the final product looks like.