- 5 hrs ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Power & Torque Figures Revealed: Becomes Less Powerful
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol-Hybrid Details Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 7 hrs ago New Hyundai Elantra Official Walkaround Video Released: India Launch Expected Next Year
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Swift Sport Spotted Undisguised At Delhi Airport: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Sushmita Sen To Make Acting Comeback And Digital Debut With Ram Madhvani’s Web Series Titled Aarya
- News UN Security Council to discuss COVID-19 pandemic in closed session today
- Sports Coronavirus: World Athletics suspends Olympics qualification period until December
- Lifestyle 7 Things You Should Know About The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Technology How To Get 84GB 4G Data Per Month From Vodafone, Airtel, And Reliance Jio
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Blacksmith Electric has just released pictures of its first production ready electric motorcycle, the Blacksmith B2. The motorcycle is scheduled to be launched in 2020, and according to the company, it is the first electric mobility company in India with patented battery swap technology.
The all new electric B2 is powered by a 5kW asynchronous motor with a claimed top speed of 120kmph. The motor produces a maximum power of 14.5kW (roughly 19bhp) with a peak torque of 96Nm. Blacksmith Electric claims that the motorcycle range of 120km with a single battery and 240km with a dual battery pack. The company also say that the battery can be charged completely in 4 hours.
The Blacksmith B2 will feature high energy density NMC battery pack with intelligent Bluetooth. The production ready model will also feature in-built GPS, an artificial intelligence system, a digital instrument panel, an anti-theft system, and circuit closing system.
The motorcycle will feature LED projector headlamps, front and rear telescopic suspension, and 18-inch alloy wheels with tubeless tyres. The B2 will carry a ground clearance of 200 mm.
Blacksmith Electric was officially founded in 2016, but the research team has been working on the electric mobility platform since 2002. The company was co-founded by Arumugam Rajendra Babu and A.R. Karthigeyan. Mr Babu has been credited with creating all the tech for the motorcycle.
Blacksmith Electric says the technology for the B2 has been developed in-house. The tech includes the electric motor and all other components. While the Lithium-ion cells are imported from China, the company has designed its own battery modules.
The team has been researching and developing several prototypes since 2003, since before Blacksmith Electric came in to being. Their first patent application was filed in 2002. The company says it is the only electric mobility company in India that has a patent for battery swap technology (patent no 262461).
With this battery swap tech, a rider can swap a depleted battery with a fully charged one without any tools, and in less time than it takes a conventional motorcycle to fuel up. Blacksmith Electric says the battery exchange station is completely safe and fireproof and can be adopted with existing fuel stations.
The first prototype electric vehicle was developed in 2003, and a second one in 2005. A third one followed. The fourth prototype electric vehicle was registered in 2019, and this will be the base for the production model Blacksmith B2.
The company claims that some players in the electric mobility space in India are infringing on the patent registered by Blacksmith. The patented technology includes portable batteries, detachable batteries, quick interchange stations, and swapping technology.
Blacksmith Electric has revealed that the company intends to establish a presence across India as well as in global markets. The company says it has already started receiving dealership inquiries for vehicle, and franchise inquiries for it's battery exchange stations.
Thoughts About The Blacksmith B2
We're impress with hot the motorcycle has developed since the first prototype. The motorcycle look pretty good and we can't wait to test it out in the real world.