- 22 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 33 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Lifestyle Chemicals In Beauty Products May Harm Women's Reproductive Hormones, Says Study
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Sports India vs South Africa: 2nd T20I Live Update: India, SA eager for win in Mohali
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Benelli India has announced that the TRK 502 series has received more than 150 bookings within just 15 days since its launch. A premium motorcycle receiving so many bookings in just 15 days shows that Benelli is on the right track in the Indian market and is having a successful run.
85 bookings have been received for the TRK 502 and 65 bookings for the more hardcore off-road variant — TRK 502X. Founded in 1911, Benelli is the oldest motorcycle manufacturer in Europe and one of the oldest in the world.
The company has been very successful across international markets but has had a few hiccups in the Indian market. Benelli had earlier entered the Indian motorcycle market in a partnership with DSK and partnership went sour due to various reasons, forcing the company's assets and dealerships in India to remain stagnant for a few months.
The motorcycles they had sold though continued performing well despite having no supply of spare parts for a long time. Benelli is now back and the company's second innings in India is going strong.
The brand is now bigger than ever before, with a total of 18 dealerships across the country selling five Benelli models. The newest additions to the Benelli Product line-up are the TRK 502 and TRK 502X.
The adventure-tourers were launched in India on February 18, 2019 at a price of Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.4 lakh respectively. Both motorcycles measure 2,200mm in length, 915mm in width and 1,450mm in height. The difference lies in the ride height and a few cycle parts.
The TRK 502 is the standard variant which does all the things expected of an adventure-tourer. It rides on 17-inch alloy wheels shod with road-biased touring tyres from Pirelli. The 502X on the other hand is the more off-road focused variant. It comes an 18-inch spoked wheel up front and a 17-inch spoked wheel at the rear shod with Metzeler tyres with an off-road bias.
Suspension duties are handled by 50mm upside-down forks up front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is taken care of by dual 320mm discs up front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS is provided as standard equipment.
Both motorcycles are powered by a liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine with a maximum power output of 47bhp and a peak torque output of 46Nm. A six-speed gearbox transmits power to the rear wheel.
Vikas Jhabakh, the managing director of Benelli India was quoted as saying, "We are indeed delighted to receive record bookings for the Benelli TRK 502X and TRK 502 models within a short period of the launch and this has boosted our confidence towards launching new models in India in the near future."
"As per our commitment to our customers in India, we are continuously evaluating the opportunities to grow our network and offer a more diversified portfolio of products through our eminent dealers."
Bookings for the Benelli TRK 502 and 502X can be done at the nearest Benelli dealership for a token amount of Rs 10,000.
Benelli also has an early-bird offer wherein, everyone who books the motorcycle before 31 March will get a voucher worth Rs 10,000 that can be redeemed for the purchase of Benelli-branded accessories and gear at the time of delivery of the motorcycle.
Thoughts On 150 Bookings For The Benelli TRK 502 Within 15 Days Of Its Launch
Benelli makes some of the best motorcycles in the country. The TNT 300, 302R and TNT 600i were great motorcycles and each motorcycle has its own audience. The TRK 502 and 502X are great additions to the line-up and are already proving their mettle in the Indian market.