- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Movies Vicky Kaushal Posts Baby Picture & Wins Hearts; Ranveer Singh Has The Best Comment For It!
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Benelli India has launched the Leoncino 500 in the Indian market. The new Benelli Leoncino 500 is priced at Rs 4.79 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Benelli Leoncino 500 is available in a single 'Standard' variant, with bookings having begun for an amount of Rs 10,000.
Powering the Leoncino 500 is a 499cc twin-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 47.6bhp and 45Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The Scrambler-style motorcycle comes with a tubular steel trellis frame.
The suspension is handled by 50mm USD (Upside Down) forks up front and a mono-shock suspension set up at the rear, with pre-load adjustability. Braking on the motorcycle is through 320mm twin-discs at the front and a 260mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
In terms of styling, the Benelli Leoncino 500 comes with a minimalistic design. This includes round projector headlamps, low-set handlebars, minimalistic panels at the rear and a metallic ornament on the front fender. The Leoncino 500 also comes with a fully-digital instrument cluster in a pod-style design, LED DRLs and LED turn indicators as well.
Benelli is offering the Leoncino 500 with five-year/unlimited kilometres warranty as standard. This will help make the motorcycle more attractive to the customers. The Benelli Leoncino 500 will be positioned between the TNT300 and the TRK 502 in the brand's product lineup in India.
The Benelli Leoncino 500 will be available in a range of two colours: Silver and Red. Deliveries of the motorcycle is said to begin shortly.
Benelli also launched their first adventure-tourer motorcycle in the country recently, with the TRK502. The ADV is available in two variants: TRK 502 and TRK 502X and is available with a starting price of Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Benelli Leoncino 500
This is the second innings for the Italian motorcycle brand in the country. Benelli partnered with Mahavir Group in India after their collaboration with DSK fell through due to various issues. The Benelli Leoncino 500 doesn't have any direct rivals in the country, however, it can be compared to the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Harley-Davidson 750 in terms of pricing in the Indian market.