- 25 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 58 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Technology Jays m-Seven Truly Wireless Earbuds With 9.5 Hours Battery Life Launched For Rs. 8,999
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Bajaj Auto has already confirmed that they are planning to introduce electric vehicles in the country. The electric vehicle portfolio for the Indian brand will come under its new 'Urbanite' name. The new sub-brand 'Urbanite' will be used as a launch pad for its electric vehicles and other urban mobility solutions.
Bajaj officials have denied rumours regarding the introduction of a petrol-powered scooter, under the Bajaj brand name. However, they have mentioned that an electric scooter or motorcycle could be a possibility.
Now, a set of new design sketches have been leaked online, suggesting that the first product under the Urbanite sub-brand could be a scooter. As seen from the design sketches, the upcoming scooter showcases a very elegant styling, almost similar to the Vespa range.
This will give three unique identities for the brand in India - Bajaj Auto for motorcycles, RE for commercial vehicles and Urbanite for scooters.
As seen from the sketches, the scooter comes with a single-sided front suspension, curvy body panels and alloy wheels, all very similar to the Vespa design. However, apart from the sketches themselves, there is no further information regarding any other details of the upcoming scooter. Although we can expect the new scooter to come with a host of features, including a TFT screen with Bluetooth connectivity among others
The brand is expected to launch its new 'Urbanite' range in the country, sometime before the end of 2019. The first product from the sub-brand will be a scooter, although a motorcycle could also be added to the portfolio at a later stage. Urbanite will also have its own exclusive dealerships across the country, offering premium customer experience as well.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Urbanite Brand In India
With electric mobility in the country gaining a lot of traction in the country, it could be a good move for the motorcycle brand to look into this segment. The Urbanite brand will provide a unique identity to Bajaj's electric vehicles.
With the first product expected to be a scooter, we can see it rival the likes of the Ather 450 in the market. However, the product is still in its nascent stages and will take a while to enter the market.
Image Courtesy: Bikewale