- 10 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 11 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 12 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Technology Dell G3 3590 Gaming Laptop Review: Affordable Gaming Gets Better
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Bajaj Auto India is said to be working on the development of a brand new battery-powered electric scooter. According to Money Control, the new electric scooter from Bajaj is expected to be launched in India before 2020.
Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, speaking to shareholders at the 11th annual general meeting (AGM). Here he stated, "Urban electric mobility is an area which is risky because not many companies have ventured there so far but it is even riskier not to be there."
"There I can definitely confirm that in addition to the electric work we do on three-wheeler and four-wheeler we are working very strongly on electric two-wheelers. It could be an electric motorcycle as we are a motorcycle company. It could be an electric scooter."
Bajaj has stayed away from producing scooters for the Indian market for almost a decade. However, if the chance to enter electric mobility in the two-wheeler market opens up, the company would be ready to re-enter the scooter segment. The new electric two-wheeler from the company once launched will be part of the Bajaj Urbanite brand.
Rajiv Bajaj, further added, "We never said we will not look at a disruptive opportunity with scooters. All we said was we are not going to make another 100cc scooter for Rs 50,000 and shut our shop doing that. So it could be a motorcycle, it could be a scooter we are not saying it yet what it could be. It could be both."
Talking about the timeline for the launch of its electric two-wheeler, Bajaj mentioned that the product will be introduced in the Indian market before the BS-VI emission norms come into effect. Bajaj also stated that the new product will be ‘the most beautiful electric two-wheeler in the world'.
The company is also said to be working on the electric three-wheeler. This will be launched alongside their electric version of the Qute, which is currently sold in the international markets.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Electric Two-Wheeler
Bajaj has already formed a new vertical, the Urbanite. According to the company, all its electric products will come under this new vertical. The launch of the electric vehicles from Bajaj is expected well before 2020.