- 10 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 10 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 13 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News SBI PO Main Exam Result 2019 date, main interview round update
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ather Energy, the Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler startup is planning to expand the EV charging infrastructure in multiple cities across India. The electric scooter brand is planning on introducing 200 new EV charging stations in multiple cities by end-2019.
Last month, Ather partnered with Godrej Nature's Baskets outlets to set up charging stations at 26 locations in Mumbai and Pune. The two of them have also planned to set up more of such stations in both cities in the future.
Ather Energy, backed by Hero MotoCorp is planning to invest Rs 130 crore towards the boosting charging infrastructure in multiple cities across India. As of now, Ather has EV charging stations in 35 locations around the city of Bangalore. They now plan to have over 6,500 such stations across 30 major cities by 2022.
Ather launched two premium electric scooters in the Indian market last year - 340 and 450. Both motorcycles are priced at a slight premium. The entry-level Ather 340 is priced at Rs 1.13 lakh while the top-spec Ather 450 is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.28 lakh. Both prices are On-Road (Bangalore).
The Ather electric scooters were first launched only in Bangalore, however, the company will soon be expanding to other cities across India soon; starting with Pune and Mumbai.
Both the Ather 340 and 450 come with a number of features and equipment. Ather also offers their scooters with various packages in terms of service and charging — read about the service plans here.
Apart from the subscription plans, Ather also offers rental/leasing plans for both its electric scooter offerings in the market. The leasing plan for the Ather electric scooters start at Rs 2,274/month — know about Ather's leasing plans here.
Thoughts On Ather Energy Charging Station Expansion
Ather Energy is one of the first premium electric scooter manufacturers in the country. The Bangalore-based electric startup has received good success in the market for its two electric scooter offerings. The Ather electric scooters competes against the likes of the Okinawa Praise and 22Motors in the market.