- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Ather Energy has officially started deliveries of its electric scooter in Chennai. The Ather 450 deliveries in Chennai began recently, with the first 100 customers receiving their electric vehicles in a week's time.
Tarun Mehta, Co-founder & CEO, Ather Energy, personally handed over the keys to the first few customers on the day deliveries began. Over the first week of deliveries, over 100 customers are expected to receive their electric scooters. These 100 customers will also get the compact home charger, Ather Dot along with the electric scooter.
Apart from the start of deliveries, Ather Energy has also been investing in setting-up fast-charging electric infrastructure in both Bangalore and Chennai. Ather has already set up 10 fast-charging stations in different locations in Chennai, with more to come in the coming months.
The company also tied an MOU with Chai Kings in Chennai, to set up charging points in all their 30 outlets in the city. The first few of the 30 charging points have already been set-up at Chai King's Porur and Ekkattuthangal outlets.
Other charging stations in Chennai set-up by Ather Energy also include Bikes & Burgers in Kolathur, Forum Vijaya Mall and Madras Square on ECR; among others. Below is the entire list of Ather Grid charging station locations in the city of Chennai:
|1||Bikes and Burgers||Kolathur|
|2||Coco Jaunt 1728||Anna Nagar|
|3||Soul Garden Bistro||Kilpauk|
|4||Forum Vijaya Mall||Vadapalani|
|6||East Coast at Madras Square||Naalankarai|
|8||Ampa SkyWalk Mall||Aminijikarai|
|9||Naturals||South Boag Road|
The company first introduced its electric scooter in Bangalore last year. The company introduced two electric vehicles: Ather 340 and 450. However, the Bangalore-based start-up recently discontinued the base 340 variant, over low sales and demand — here are the details.
The Ather 450 is currently the only model in the brand's lineup. The company recently expanded its operations in Chennai. Ather Energy has been received extremely well in both cities, offered with a price tag of Rs 1.22 lakh, On-road (Chennai).
The Ather 450 comes with a host of premium features and equipment, including a TFT colour display, Bluetooth connectivity, live vehicle tracking, vehicle diagnostics, multiple riding modes, LED lighting all-around and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Ather 450 Chennai Deliveries
Ather Energy which was previously launched only in Bangalore is now slowly expanding in Chennai as well. The company has built a strong base in Bangalore, with decent sales month-on-month. The company now hopes to replicate the same in Chennai as well, before expanding further to other cities in India.