- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu has been in the news lately after a video of him riding a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 has been doing the rounds on social media.
The video was released on the Chief Minister's official Facebook page, which showed him riding the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. According to the post, Pema Khandu rode the motorcycle from Yingkiyong to Pasighat which is a distance of 122km. The route is said to be mostly tarmac but is one of the most picturesque places in the state.
The reason for the bike ride between the two towns by the Chief Minister was to promote tourism in the state. The CM wanted to showcase Arunachal Pradesh as a dream destination for biking and adventure sports.
Pema Khandu assumed the office of Chief Minister, Arunachal Pradesh back in 2016. Before, being the Chief Minister of the state, Khandu served as the Minister of Tourism, Urban Development & Water Resources as well.
Coming to the motorcycle itself, Pema Khandu can be seen riding a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Silver Spectre. The motorcycle was launched in India in late-2018, alongside the Continental GT 650.
Both the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are powered by the same 649cc parallel-twin oil-cooled engine. It produces 47bhp and 52Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Since its launch, the two 650cc offerings from the Chennai-based brand have become the best-selling motorcycles in the middleweight segment. The two motorcycles offer a host of features, including a slipper clutch, telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by discs at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS system as standard.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 comes with a price tag of Rs 2.56 lakh while its sibling, the Continental GT 650 is priced slightly higher at Rs 2.71 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Arunachal Pradesh CM Riding The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
The Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu riding the Interceptor 650 is a great way to promote tourism in the state. The video showcases the Chief Minister enjoying the 122km ride between the two towns, with a picturesque back-drop.