- 3 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Sports Army chief Bipin Rawat allows MS Dhoni to train with Parachute regiment
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- News Not one girl born in 16 villages in six months in Uttarkashi; CM orders probe
- Movies Diljit Dosanjh On Making Sure That Sardars Are Not Made Fun Of In His Films; Read Up!
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
The Aprilia SR Max 300 premium scooter has been spied in India for the first time. The 300cc scooter from Aprilia was spotted at a dealer event in Goa. However, the scooter showcased at the dealer event is the Chinese-spec made by Aprilia's partner Zongshen.
The Aprilia SR Max 300 maxi-scooter offering features an imposing design with a large front apron, twin projector headlamps, LED turn indicators and DRLs, high-definition camera between the headlamps and a large windshield.
The Aprilia SR Max 300 also features a split footboard, massive yet comfortable seats, upright riding position and a long wheelbase, making it suitable for long distance touring. Other features also include a USB charging port and a 9.0-inch TFT colour display with Bluetooth connectivity. The maxi-scooter also offers plenty of storage space below the seats and has a fuel tank capacity of 15.5-litres.
The maxi-scooter is powered by a 278cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 22bhp and 23Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT gearbox. If introduced in India, it would become the first premium scooter offering, as well as the most powerful in the Indian market.
In terms of suspension, the maxi-scooter comes with telescopic front forks and a twin shock absorbers with three pre-load adjustability at the rear. Braking is handled by 260mm front and 220mm rear disc, supported by dual-channel ABS. The scooter rides on 15-inch front and 14-inch rear wheels with 120/70 and 140/60 sections, respectively.
The maxi-scooter trend was first started by the Kinetic Blaze in India. The 165cc scooter offering was large in size and could easily do speeds of over 100km/h. Suzuki currently sells the Burgman Street in India, which comes with a similar design. We got a chance to ride the Suzuki Burgman Street recently - read our review here.
Apart from the SR Max300 maxi-scooter, the event in Goa also showcased the Aprilia RS150 motorcycle. However, both the products are not being considered for an India launch anytime soon. Although the RS150 will be a strong contender in the 150cc motorcycle segment.
Thoughts On The Aprilia SR Max 300 Maxi-Scooter
The Aprilia SR Max 300 has been showcased in India for the first time. Although a possible launch is too soon to expect, the company could have brought the scooter, to possibly access its success if introduced.
Image Courtesy: Motoroids