TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Previously we had reported about the leaked patent images of the new Suzuki GSX-S300, a 300cc naked motorcycle. Now, Bennetts has revealed the leaked patent images of the Suzuki GSX-R300, the fully faired version of the GSX-S300.
Currently, Suzuki retails the GSX-250R which is powered by a 248cc engine producing 24.7bhp and 23Nm of torque. The power output is shabby when compared with its rivals such as Honda CBR250RR. Now, Suzuki is developing an all-new 300cc motorcycle with improved power figures.
The patent images reveal that the new Suzuki GSX-R300 will draw power from a new 300cc parallel-twin engine. The engine will be mounted on a tubular frame which is similar to a trellis frame. Suzuki might also offer upside down forks and monoshock suspension.
By looking at the patent images, we can expect the Suzuki GSX-R300 to feature a single disc brake up front with the mounting bracket diagram. The motorcycle features a conventional swingarm, which could be made out of aluminium.
The new 300cc parallel-twin engine could be a doubled up version of the Suzuki GSX-R150s engine. With the 62mm bore and 48.1mm stroke, the new engine could deliver a power output of close to 40bhp which will be a huge improvement from the GSX-250R.
On the design front, the new Suzuki GSX-R300 looks similar to any other faired bikes from the Japanese company. We expect the GSX-R300 to be similar to the GSX-R125 with an identical headlight design. The design of the seat also looks similar to that of Suzuki GSX-R125.
Suzuki is expected to reveal the new GSX-R300 at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy in November 2018. Suzuki could launch the GSX-S300 in 2019. Alongside the faired GSX-R300, Suzuki is expected to reveal the naked GSX-S300. The new 300cc bikes from Suzuki is unlikely to hit the Indian shores anytime soon.
Thoughts On The Suzuki GSX-R300 Patent Images
Suzuki is all set to enter the popular 300cc segment with its new GSX-R300 and the naked GSX-S300. The prominent highlight of the GSX-R300 will be the new parallel-twin engine with improved power output. The Suzuki GSX-R300 will take on the likes of Yamaha R3, KTM RC390 and Honda CBR250RR.