TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Royal Enfield is busy testing the Interceptor 650 in India. Rushlane reports the Interceptor 650 was spotted testing at the Global Automotive Research Centre, Oragadam, Chennai. So, what do we learn from the spy pics of the Interceptor 650?
The Interceptor 650 launch is scheduled for April 2018 along with the Continental GT 650 in India; the global launch will follow shortly after this.
Those on the lookout for a retro-modern bike should give the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, a second look. The spy pics reveal a pillion grab rail, an action camera on the handlebar, and a saree guard on the left. The Interceptor 650 will be available in three colours: Orange crush, Ravishing Red and Silver Spectre.
Powering the Interceptor 650 is an air-cooled SOHC 4-valve parallel twin engine that generates 47 PS at 7,100 rpm and 52 Nm at 4,000 rpm. A 270-degree crankshaft with a balancer shaft has been installed to deal with the vibrations, which Royal Enfields' are famous for. To top this off, Royal Enfield has thrown in a 6-speed transmission with a slip-assist clutch.
The 650cc cruiser segment in India is wide open. With Royal Enfield offering the Interceptor and Continental GT 650 as soon as April 2018, Indians will now have more options. The Interceptor 650 will rival the Kawasaki Vulcan S, which begins retailing at Rs 5.44 lakh ex-showroom. Some of the other options in this segment are the Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro and Harley-Davidson Street 750.
What is your take on the spy pics of the Interceptor 650? Will the Royal Enfield 650 steal your heart or its rivals? Any feedback for the company? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.