- 8 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Concept Showcased At Indonesia — All Specs And Details
- 52 min ago BS-VI Compliant Tata Harrier Spied Testing — A Bunch Of Other Updates Expected As Well
- 1 hr ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 2 hrs ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- News "Please cooperate", says Sonbhadra DM; Explains why Sec 144 has been imposed
- Finance No Salary Hike For Country's Richest Person For 11th Year In A Row
- Technology Top LG Smartphones To Buy In India In 2019
- Movies The Lion King Box Office Day 1 Collection
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Recently, Royal Enfield cancelled the online sale of the Classic 500 Pegasus due to the website crashing. The reason behind the crashing of the website is the high demand for the limited edition motorcycle. Now, on July 25, 2018, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus will be sold online.
Royal Enfield launched the limited edition Classic 500 Pegasus in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs 2.49 lakh on-road (Maharashtra). The online flash sales of the Classic 500 Pegasus will commence from sharp 4 PM tomorrow. Only 250 units of the motorcycle will be sold in India.
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is inspired from the RE/WB 125 two-stroke motorcycle that was used by the British paratroopers during the World War II. The two-stroke RE/WB 125 was popularly known as the ‘Flying Flea' due to its low kerb weight and nimble nature of the motorcycle.
British paratroopers used the Flying Flea for communication and carrying soldiers to the battlefield. The bikes were so light that they were airdropped through parachutes. The RE/WB 125 was so light that soldiers carried the motorcycle on their shoulders when the terrain got too harsh to ride a motorcycle.
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is powered by the existing 499cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 27.2bhp and 41.2Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Other components such as the chassis, brakes and tyres also remain the same as the standard Classic 500 model.
Other prominent features of the Classic 500 Pegasus include a Pegasus logo on the tank, military-style canvas panniers with leather straps and brass buckles and a stencilled unique numbering on the fuel tank.
The limited edition motorcycle also features blacked-out headlamp bezel, engine, exhaust muffler and rims. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus will be available in a Service Brown colour while the global markets also get an Olive Drab Green colour option.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is a classic bike and every vintage bike collector would like to have the limited edition model in his/her garage. The Classic 500 Pegasus was built to pay tribute to the legendary Flying Flea that was used during the World War II. We expect the second online flash sale to be a success after Royal Enfield experienced a setback in the first sale.